Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Probably quitting

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...ic.php?t=29241

The problem above has foiled me to the point I cant be arsed anymore with the car. Car idles at just over 2k revs and yes I have tried all the other possible problems.

For me, I dont have the luxury of any more time or money to spend, and the car has been sat there for almost 3 months now apart from recently driving it up and down the road to test the air leak I cant fix...

This week will be the decider of whether I scrap it and concentrate on other things or have it repaired. I am tired of having a runny nose and a sore back and being covered in oil and yet having nothing to show for it except evil glares from the anti car lobby that live down the road.

It's a shame a single nut has made a mockery of all the work I put in, but that's life.

Forum User
    I know this is cheeky but if you decided to scrap/sell the car i would be interested as i need a shell for another project ! I hope you can sort it tho !

Forum User
    Get a shitter for a month or so, ignore the clio for that time, enjoy having a working car, as shit as it is, and then when you have more interest have another crack at the clio

if you live in Southampton, take it to Rentech mate and get them to sort it for you

Quote Originally Posted by BRUN
    if you live in Southampton, take it to Rentech mate and get them to sort it for you
    If you are clost to rentech that would definately be a good shout as I've only ever heard good things about them!

FFS pay me my fuel bill from Nottingham and i'll come sort the damn thing for you.

Have you tried to see if it is a dodgy temp sensor causing the idle issues?

It is prob something really simple.. and as frustrating as it is.. persevere. Get help from the member that offered to come and look at it!

Matthew

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MicKPM
    FFS pay me my fuel bill from Nottingham and i'll come sort the damn thing for you.
    ^^^^ Cannot get fairer than that!

Hard works been done fella!

Garages love gremlins, they can pull your pants down over them due to 'not knowing whats wrong yet'

Take MicKPM up on his offer but make him use the train for cheapskateness

LoL - have you seen what Virgin are charging for fares these days? It'll be cheaper in the 2.2 Veccy with tools in the back