Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABS Light

Forum User

ABS Light

Driving to work noticed abs light had come is there anything specific i need to look for. Just wondered if there was anything that is a common problem to save me time checking sensors etc any ideas? cheers

well it can be a really expensive job to fix. I will not tell u how much the sensors are.

Best way i found is to disconnect the battery and reatach it...see if that removes it (mine first did it when i had a flat battery and never since)

Also check that the abs rings on your drive shafts and rear disks are free from major rust, i doubt the sensors will come out but give it a try - its only one screw. Other than that - check all connections are still made.

Are your pads on the limits ?

Mine came on after heavy brakeing at silly speeds.

It was my ABS ring, cost me 30quid for a new one fitted.

Forum User
    front pads are pretty new rears have plenty left i assume the abs works on the front wheels only wheere are these rings located inner or outer cvs?

My 3's ABS light came on when alternator had stopped working for a week and battery was dead. Car stopped tho about 2 mins after, heh.

Forum User
    i hope it isnt that i think ill stick a meter across the battery though to be sure i think ill clean everything up give that a go does anyone know if the williams has a diagnostic port for the abs?

ABS is not a cheap thing to have, when my sesnor broke it was 130 for a new one!!!!

Think if it goes again, it will be getting pulled out, or disconnected, touch wood it doesn't go again!

Quote Originally Posted by williams255
    i hope it isnt that i think ill stick a meter across the battery though to be sure i think ill clean everything up give that a go does anyone know if the williams has a diagnostic port for the abs?
    You'd know I think.
    When the ABS light came on, the car just felt dead.. no power, acceleration turned stereo off etc.. the battery was just flat as a pancake.. and there I was, middle of the M1.

If you get stuck and not something simple. I still have a complete abs unit off a Willy3.

Forum User
    Thanks for all your help ill keep you posted