Forum User

Loomin up Loomin up?

Hi chaps just at the end of rebuilding my valver engine after a certain piston ring related problem.
    Before i try and attach the wiring loom up (which just looks like a massive pile of pointless wires) has any1 got any tips on how to do this or any diagrams/pics i can follow. i just wanna make sure all the connections are in the right place and stuff.

obviously i can identify the ecu, battery terms and injector clips. just wanna get everything else right.

cheers lads

everything is obvious when you plug it in mate. nearly all plugs will only go on one thing anyway

Forum User
    ok i suppose, ive not got gearbox on yet ill be giving it a go this week and hopefully running at weekend. :D been doing the bastard thing for months. i just know ill find that i need various clips and things that ive broken

Forum User

Re: Loomin up Loomin up?

Quote Originally Posted by Brealbags
    Hi chaps just at the end of rebuilding my valver engine after a certain piston ring related problem.
    what happened? did it crack a ring?

Forum User
    no all the oil scraper rings were badly worn. i didnt know this until i stripped it obviously.
    it was burning stupid amounts of oil and it was all backing up into the inlet and cloggin up the breathers and all sorts. After giving it a good run a few days after i bought it i had spent £60 on oil. most of it landed on the M42 lol
    I had to keep stopping to clean the spark plugs it was proper not good.

i would recomend retaping it with loom tape while its out mate.....u can check for any damage then

Forum User
    yeah i neva thort of that thanks. fiddly job tho, i could just test the wiring for continuity with a multimeter or probe. i think ive got sum wiring diagrams just need sum patience.