Thread: lambda sensor

lambda sensor

can u use a multi meter to diagnos ur lambda sensor as i think mines ****ed

you can, but it wont tell you if the warm up coil is broke as they can be intermittent

I guess the simplest way is to make a diagnose. Last summer I had problems with lambda sensor (extreme high consumption and (often) smutty exhaust). But the multimeter didn't show any problem. Therefore I went to a Renault service where the xrd25 clip showed: lambda sensor is (still) good but sometimes it's too slow... need for replace soon.

i failed my mot on emmisions, the co is too high. i gave it a raggin first but didnt help.
    i disconect the lambda while the prob was in the exaused and the reading stayed the same, i thought if the reading was the same conected as it is disconected then the lamda is ****ed?

Not sure. Too high co emission may be caused by various problems: bad coolant temp sensor, bad air temp sensor, bad battery, bad cat etc.
    When my lambda went wrong my consumption was extremely high (16 l / 100 km), the exhaust was smutty and the idle often was too low (700-750 rpm, sometimes the engine stopped).
    Check your engine with a Renault engine tester (XR25) it'll show the error codes. Bosch and other 'multitesters' sometimes can not communicate properly with the ECU.