Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doh!

Doh!

went up to Bayliss' last night to track the turbo with his uncles laser tracking kit.

was a mixed bag of a night, sorted the trackin out, was miles out, pulling to the left badly but thankfully not seized so easy to sort, plus am running some tasty if slightly lob sided camber, 2 degrees one side, 3 degrees the other

nipped up rocker as it was leakin a bit of oil and resealed the exhaust when it was up on ramps

so all going well

then........

sill gave in on the jack and bent under on front drivers side...not badly really but still a bit annoying and paints flaked, so i'll need to straighten, rust treat and repaint that

and coming off the ramps the exhaust clipped the cross memeber of the ramp and got wedged, not too badly i thought so rolled off anyway. now i have a bad blow in the exhaust somewhere near the turbo, cant figure out if its manifold to head, manifold to turbo or turbo to downpipe joint or what. i'm thinking downpipe was crushed by exhaust strike (no give in ssytem) and its cracked at the joints

then tried to align xenons, snapped adjuster screw off the brand new drivers side headlight, altho was aligned right in the end so not all bad

all in all a mixed bag of a day and was good to stretch the turbos legs up the motorway, ****in quick it is, ask mark

anyway, i'll crack the d/p off before rr day and see whats going on, fingers crossed its a simple weld up job and i can run the car on feb 2nd

Coops

Forum User
    Lmao odd cambers? Can't be healthy lol, like you say a mixed bag hehe

I MUST get my car all tracked up n stuff!

yeah bit weird, its the FK's throwin it off, need to grind my hubs down to get proper camber adjustment

Forum User
    sorry to hear this coops. best of luck with getting it sorted....

p.s hows the kitchen..

still on order mate, builders comin next week and plasterer to see about my wall woes and electrics etc

Forum User
    i would help if i was closer...

cheers matey, get the turbo runnin, only take you ten mins get here

Tubby's are awesome aren't they! Never fails to put a huge grin on my face every time i accelerate!

I blew the manifold/turbo gasket a few weeks back on mine, ****ing irritating, i can't be arsed fixing it...everything's so fiddly!

Paul

Coops fella I had BOTH screws on both headlights go when I tried to alter mine!

Had to buy new ones AGAIN - was so pissed off I bought manual ones as its far far easier to do!

Is that the white or black plastic screw thing that sits at the top at the back of the headlight unit?

One of mine's come off so I've had to sort some secondhand ones so I don't blind people! Fecking things... lol