Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just done a mini service.. oil fil advice please.. Urgent!

hi guys,

given the willy a mini service today, plugs, oil, oil filter and sump washer etc... runs great! just a quick question, i filled it up with the car level until it was just prior to the max indicator on the dipstick... i then checked the ignition dial indicator and it showed a tad above max. i ran the car static without reving to let the oil circulate and then checked the level on the dial indicator, it had dropped to 3/4's im presuming as it has now primed the system and some will remain in the engine/oil filter, my question is do i top up again till its maxed out? or do i leave it?

speedy response appreciated

David

top it back up to max mate.

lovely jubbly... cheers stan... was just worried about over filling etc... whats the volume difference between the min and max on the dipstick?

got the bonnet fitted already, looking good! got some pins ordered and will pick up a torx40 drive bit in the week and hopefully get all the panels swapped over

good stuff!

difference is just under a litre i think.

all topped up and just under the max so that will do for a few days and will keep an eye on it... have to say, the filter removal was easier than expected, was just over hand tight, so a filter strap had it off in seconds! think i need a new sump plug as the square hole is showing signs of being slightly rounded.. so one will be ordered along with door pins and spark plug cover screws!

coming along nicely!

one question though, how does the rear tailgate electrics attach to the car? is it a plug inside the rubber seal, cant quite see how its supposed to go etc...

Forum User
    think they plug in the rear drivers side arch after running down from just inside the roof area.

slightly confused... there is a rubber seal/join on the roof of the shell that goes into the tailgate, isnt there a plug in there? seems a bit of a hassle to have to run it all the way inside the rear quarter/arch etc...

Forum User
    no the wiring just runs through that rubber joint, the plug is behind the o/s/r 1/4 trim panel as maxi said

ahhh ok, the new tailgate i have got has the wiring in its frame, but not sure it its simply been cut to take off, if it has been cut how hard is it to swap it all over?

Forum User
    not hard at all mate, i recently had mine out to get rid of some wiring, best thing to do if you fitting your tailgate loom is use some wiring or string etc to tie to it, feed that down the tailgate and use that to pull the loom through carefully.