Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Garage Lock-Ups for Winter

Really getting desperate now to try and garage my car over winter after I've spent so much money on getting it mint and re-sprayed etc, but can't for the life of me get one! I've contacted the local council, but theres a waiting list in order to get one, so that probably won't be for a while. Also looked at Yell.com and found a few results, but have'nt been able to get hold of any of them yet. Really need to get the car in a garage to waxoil and underseal it. :( Mat Brown......I wish I had ur garage! Any other ideas finding garage lock ups anyone?

Forum User
    whereabouts in Bucks are you? theres some garages in my block that dont get used so am sure someone would rent one out. I'min Buckingham, is that too far?

Matt

Forum User
    've applied for a local garage, only one i got offered was in the worst area in my town...i think not

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_16v
    whereabouts in Bucks are you? theres some garages in my block that dont get used so am sure someone would rent one out. I'min Buckingham, is that too far?

Matt
    Thats not too far from me at all mate...I live in Haddenham in-between Thame and Aylesbury. Would be very greatful if u could ask if someone would be willing to let me use one, and if so how much they want. Cheers mate.

Forum User
    I had the same problem a few months back. Ended up applying at Reading Council even though im 12 miles out of reading they still gave me a garage! Had a choice of low-high quality too. I guess Reading is a bit far for you though mate but try a similar thing - other local town councils..

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan-hipgrave
    I had the same problem a few months back. Ended up applying at Reading Council even though im 12 miles out of reading they still gave me a garage! Had a choice of low-high quality too. I guess Reading is a bit far for you though mate but try a similar thing - other local town councils..

Dan
    Good idea...thanks for that mate.

****ing drive it you pussy!

Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    f***king drive it you pussy!
    No...theres too much salt that goes on the roads around here...I've spent far too much money on this car for mr rust to set in! Won't harm for it to be off the road over winter...I've got a 2.0l Megane Coupe to drive in the mean time

im one of the lucky ones then! ive got a locked car port/garage (rear is open) on the side of the house. :D all year round protection
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Re: Garage Lock-Ups for Winter

Quote Originally Posted by MattyH16valver
    Really getting desperate now to try and garage my car over winter after I've spent so much money on getting it mint and re-sprayed etc, but can't for the life of me get one! I've contacted the local council, but theres a waiting list in order to get one, so that probably won't be for a while. Also looked at Yell.com and found a few results, but have'nt been able to get hold of any of them yet. Really need to get the car in a garage to waxoil and underseal it. :( Mat Brown......I wish I had ur garage! Any other ideas finding garage lock ups anyone?
    :P

Mat.