Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OWNING 2 WILLYS!

If i bought another williams and it was quite a distance away from me, would i be able to put my plates on it of the willy i currently own so i would look legit to ANPR's? I am obv not going to do this was just wondering how easy it would be to get away with it.

go for it!

Forum User
    easy as long as u dont have an accident! i thought about this after as my valver is off the road for a tubby conversion and got offered a black valver same as mine but its fraud if u get caught!

dont forget if they are kean all it takes is the chassis number to screw u up.

nick hill was telling of a guy who had 4williams and only one set of plates.

Andy

It's possible - as long as the plated car was insured and fully legit, and you made sure you had the tax disk in the window as well as the plates, technically speaking the only way they'd be able to tell is to check the chassis numbers, which I would say is unlikely to happen unless you've been misbehaving or you get a random stop-check.

So yes, it's possible, but as Northy says, you'd get a rather big slap on the wrists if you were caught... lol

cool like the sound of 4 williams and 1 plate!!!

i will not be doing this anyway but i least i know incase i ever get another williams

my other half did it when he bought another rs turbo that looked exactly the same but we only had to travel about 20 miles and just drove sensibly

Forum User
    If i have to pay 2 insurance premiums, 2 MOT bills and 2 road taxes then so should everybody else

if the Sods law gets it's own way you would get F****D over by the police for this, identity theft n all that, but if your lucky u might get away with it, tbh tho if the other williams is taxed and mot'd and you want to get it home, insure it for a day.

I once drove for 2 months without tax, because i was driving a car which didnt stand out. if i drove my Valver on the day the tax expired id get pulled straight away, 16v's and willys tend to stick out to the boys in blue because of the bonnet buldge which they all think is a modification

Dave