Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Worst Clio 16v in the Universe.

Zollo and I just went to check out a white 16v Clio from Ebay. I had won the auction and was hoping for a bargain. Upon arrival all seemed okay as we approached the car from the rear. Looking a bit further, it was apparent this car was F*CKED.

Body work was quite bad with rust under what looked like repainted arches, terrible corrosion and rust under the sills, where some twat had jacked the car up a couple of times leaving large dents.

The service history claimed an 'alloy refurb'. LOL refurbed by placing them in a vat of vinegar from what we could see. The corrosion was the worst I have ever seen. The only good thing were the tyres which had plenty of tread, shame that one had a slow puncture.

It had an up to date MOT, but it was one that seemed to have been done by the Chuckle Brothers while on crack. There is no way that car would pass an MOT now. The engine bay was a mess, with various fluids all over the place. Power steering was working...or would have been if there wasn’t a huge leak which was spottable even by me, a novice, straight away.

The guy claimed all it needed was power steering fixed and the gearbox mount. The mount (dogbone) looked to be the only thing holding the thing together! The linkages were all over the place, missing bolts etc, covered in PS fluid and the remnants of a blown expansion bottle all over the inside.

Zollo pointed out barely any oil in the car, think I spotted a possible oil leak as the sump was covered in oil.

The interior was like it had housed the local populace of farm animals, with what appeared to be hay all over it, and the seats were f*cked.

Despite all of this I was happily chatting away to the owner about how it could be fixed and what I would do etc etc, with Zollo behind the fella, waving at me, silently mouthing some words, that appeared to be: 'This fars cucked!!'

I told the guy I couldn’t move the car with it like that and I would be in touch. Riiiiight.

Jumping into Mr Zollo's lovely GTI-6, we made a hasty retreat, Zollo telling me he would have walked away at the first glimpse we got!

I only got one pic of the engine bay:

Not a great pic but you can see a few bits clearly screwey. A lot of the bolts down there were wobbling about, half undone.

Oh well...you live and learn! This is why you should always inspect a car before bidding!

Will you not be liable having won the auction? I suppose it wasnt as described but be careful mate!

Well, I could sell a car and say: Its white and has 4 wheels.

Thats pretty much what he said, and that it had a ps leak and needed a gearbox mount. It needs shit lot more than that and it is not safe to drive.

Forum User
    this the one that had turbines without centre caps?

Quote Originally Posted by philthy
    this the one that had Turdbines without centre caps?
    Yes. I have made an offer less tan I bid on the basis it is not as described, but I will likely break it if he accpets and scrap the rest. Its shot to bits.

See the wheels? You think they are just covered in dirt and brake dust right?

Think again. Think totally corroded!

if he plays up and gives ya bad feedback mate just leave him bad feedback saying how dangerous the car looked and to beware!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

He left feedback all right, negative of course saying I was a timewaster.

I would have left an essay as to what was wrong with the car but, being limited to 80 characters, I just said: 'Upon inspection car deemed dangerous by mechanic, not as described. Buyer Beware'

Simple and to the point.

If he had simply spent more time on his description and been honest it would have saved us all a lot of time and money.

That looks mint condition!

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    That looks mint condition!
    I'm sure you can make him an offer then!!