Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just an aside for gunnerchip owners/considerers....

Im extremely impressed with my gunnerchip for my williams...but I have noticed a drop in fuel economy. I used to get approximately 600miles off £60, or about 80 to 100miles off a tenner, if driven well. Ive driven with the gunner chip with minimal booting, and ive dropped to about 450miles. It might be just the way my car responded to the chip... but I might get gunner to do me a standard one, so I can swop back over to check and confirm whether I definately have lost some mileage from it. Performancewise though, Im chuffed to bits.

Like with any mod, it usually triggers a heavy right foot for a tank or two!!

Paul

As suggested, a heavy right foot is usually to blame! but the ECU needs time to adjust to the new parameters, its a learning computer after all, the chip simply gives it reference points and it calculates the rest via its sensors.

Secondly, all the gunner chips are mapped for v-power or high octane fuel, is this what you are using? if so what brand?

bloody hell im lucky to get 350 miles to a tank... no matter what ecu

Forum User
    The Williams ECU's learner ECU's?

learning computer? haha my williams ecu is the terminator t-800. haha, well yes I appreciate everyone thinks new mod= heavy right foot, and yes I have given it a bit of beans, but the last test was driven well with minimal booting. I run on v power only now. But from the convos with williams owners previously, it sounds like I got exceptional mileage from my car pre-chipping. 400-450 miles was average from £40.
    Should I give it some time and see how its doing later?

Forum User
    How the hell do you get that sorta mileage from £40....i'm lucky if i see 350

I can get up to that on my valvers quite easily

Frig me, 400 miles from £40.

Never heard of that before, i think your other chip must have been running rather lean!!

Paul

car always ran well...so dunno. my sisters 1 7 2 clio gets 450 from £37. so perhaps its down to keeping it std and keeping in good condition...my car is low mileage, oh, and getting 450 miles was possible, but it meant never really going above 3-3500 revs...at least 350miles from £40 regardless of booting