Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    J o n

Throttle bodies group buy. Anyone interested?

Was speaking to Andy at GDI the other day and he's looking at doing some Mk1's on throttle bodies as he's done around 25 on the Mk2's now. I've suggested that I could put it on here for a group buy and am just seeing if anyone would be interested?

Looking at 3 to 5 people to make it worthwhile with regards to discounts and if anyone has any doubts on reliability, my car has done 40k on ITB's with a TOTALLY standard engine and is showing 196psi on each cylinder (200psi standard). The work will be done with a warranty which will be time and or mile based, so it's a product he's VERY confident in. Just to put people in the picture, GDI are partnered with Omex and have an excellent relationship with Jenvey as one of the UK's biggest purchasers of their products, so support is also second to none.

At the moment he's looking at rough prices to offer the kit for, which will comprise of the Jenvey bodies, injectors, rad and Omex management etc. Everything you need for a drive in drive out service. Cams can be added on to the package, also at a discounted price, so if anyone is interested or has any questions, then stick your name down here. I'll have some more details later in the week pending interest.

Why oh ****ing why do I never have any money when I need!

Forum User
    Ditto, i'm just gonna have to wait a couple of years before i can afford em

Forum User
    id be interested its just the case of how much it will cost.also wot bhp increase would u be lookin at by puttin them on

Forum User
    IM deffo intrested prices???

bodies alone, id say 20 bhp ish.

J o n
    not sure on exact cost yet, will get that off Andy, he's pricing things up at the moment for me.

as for power, I cant really say for sure as tbh I didn't ask, but I'd imagine a breathed on Williams with the ITB's and fully mapped in would be around 200bhp give or take? With cams anything upto 210-220+bhp. My estimates are based on the F4R engine though, so Williams totally stock may be a bit less, especially on stock cams, as the F4R's cams are a fair bit wilder... probably similar to running a set of Kent RN2002's type difference!

I know Roamer's 172 made 50bhp increase on just bodies alone, but I'll speak to Andy and Mark, as they are putting just ITB's on Mark's Mk1.

so about 20-30 bhp on std engine then. wasnt far off ;)

Forum User
    well if the price if right im deffo in.

Mmmm shame I want to keep this one standard otherwise i'd be tempted. Could always get another willy i suppose!