Thread: tech info

Forum User

tech info

hi.im new to this forum so hello!
    can anyone help ive had my 1.8 16v for a yr now and wot a motor,had my first trackday on sunday it was great im now looking in to buying a ex rally williams rep.he claims a williams motor in her but how can i tell if its a 2.0 or an 1.8?am i right in saying the williams has a tubular ex manifold unlike my square cast type 1.8 item?
    i may not notice the extra power between the 2.0 and the 1.8 as mines chipped,de-cated etc
    also wots the soft pedal converstion as this is my second clutch cable thanks

Re: tech info

Quote Originally Posted by 105epwr
    hi.im new to this forum so hello!

Welcome

can anyone help ive had my 1.8 16v for a yr now and wot a motor,had my first trackday on sunday it was great im now looking in to buying a ex rally williams rep.he claims a williams motor in her but how can i tell if its a 2.0 or an 1.8?am i right in saying the williams has a tubular ex manifold unlike my square cast type 1.8 item?

Yes - different manifolds, think the coloured spot on the dip stick is different as well, Engine no. (front right on engine block) should read F7R

i may not notice the extra power between the 2.0 and the 1.8 as mines chipped,de-cated etc

Think you will notice - much more bottom end grunt in the 2L

also wots the soft pedal converstion as this is my second clutch cable thanks

Use genuine Renault clutch cable - lasts longer.

Michael

Forum User
    Bullshit about the Renault cables lasting longer, i've had a GSF one in my hybrid for the last year and a half and its still going, best one in my experience (RSi used to eat them for breakfast) is a Halfords one.

Also bullshit about the pattern part ones not fitting properly

in my experience, even correctly routed the pattern ones i've had have always snapped short of expected life, so bullshit to you too sir, its all about personal experience!

Forum User
    Yeah guess it is, i must be special, but how do they last6 compared to Renault ones

Forum User
    every non-gen cable ive tried wouldnt fit!

every non genuine cable I've had (which is 2) has killed itself and my pedal assembly (which is 2)

Forum User
    ok thanks chaps,test drove this 2.ol w.end and **** me its quicker than my 1.8,so i laid a deposit!first gear seems alot shorter than my 1.8 aswell as the 1.8 first gear goes forever.

as for my clutch cable it lasted 6months and was a gen renault now on the second gen one so see wot happens????