J o n

Clio Williams Vs 106 GTI

murderised... was tailgating me, so thought I'd give him some oil to choke on. Even had time in 3rd and 4th to come of gas, coast and give him some pops and flames before continuing with the humiliation... he turned off rather sharpish after that. Note to other driver, dont race 2.0 when you in a 1.6 and on a straight dual carriageway

Re: Clio Williams Vs 106 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    murderised... was tailgating me, so thought I'd give him some oil to choke on. Even had time in 3rd and 4th to come of gas, coast and give him some pops and flames before continuing with the humiliation... he turned off rather sharpish after that. Note to other driver, dont race a tuned 2.0 when you in a 1.6 and on a straight dual carriageway
    Agreed. 106's are good for mid to low 15 sec quaters with a few simple breathing mods which is pretty good for a 1.6!! Obviously not enough for a standard Willy...

Forum User
    i raced one at pod in the banana, he shouted over, whats in that, before the line, i said its standard. he said thank fuk for that! then i wasted him by LOADS!!!!! hehe

Cheeky..lol Weird how some 106s are supposidy really fast (14.7 zorst&filter) and some are slower than a valver..

Banned
    Mate had one and it was pretty rapid. As fast as his slow cup now i think, which was the same speed as my pre-rebuild 140,00 mile williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin.
    Cheeky..lol Weird how some 106s are supposidy really fast (14.7 zorst&filter) and some are slower than a valver..
    It is weird. A girl friend of mine lent me her's..... it felt more like Zetec S pace than Valver pace. Then a 106 with manifold, zorst and filter kept up with my 172 from 20 to 90 odd.... There's deffo some quick ones about... abd like you say some real slow fookers aswell...

Forum User
    I had one behind me from a standing start on the A12. I was one up with a boot full of stereo, and I could not lose this 106gti up to 100. At the next set of lights I asked the fella if it was standard, to which he replied "I don't know, only picked it up today..." So I don't know what to think. I expected it to drop into the distance past 60-70mph

These things can be fookin' fast. My sister's kept with my old E30 325i Sport from 30 to 100

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin.
    -----------
    its all in the manufactures tolerences, french not so good hense the variety of power between identicle engines whereas jap engines are far better machined therefore less breakdowns and power discrepencies.

Banned
    I beleive some of the higher spec Honda cars are hand finished