Freeing Calipers Properly and CTS Issue

Hi, had the car jacked up today and noticed that both wheels were not spinning very freely at all, and at certain points becoming harder than others (discs?)

Anyway I'm gona try and free them a bit the next chance I have, the sliders are fine, just putting grease behind the rubber boots and moving them about a bit. However what about the pistons? The rubber bit looks a bit awkward? Any tips?

Also my CTS seems to be playing up. It was running a bit rough (kind of likt chugging) when up to temp, so I got a new CTS but it was exactly the same!! BUT if I disconnect the CTS when up to temp it runs perfect. With the CTS plugged in it makes it a bit difficult to drive at low speeds and when I lift off the throttle it jolts etc.

I need the CTS plugged in 1st thing in the morn or it will stall but when up to temp i'll disconnect and it's perfect... whats this all about?

Any help appreciated.

thanks.

Re: Freeing Calipers Properly and CTS Issue

Quote Originally Posted by AmDaMan
    Anyway I'm gona try and free them a bit the next chance I have, the sliders are fine, just putting grease behind the rubber boots and moving them about a bit. However what about the pistons? The rubber bit looks a bit awkward? Any tips?
    There's a caliper repair kit (think that's what it's called) that sells for about 30 GBP. The kit replaces the rubber bits on the piston. Very expensive for what it is, but worked quite well when I last serviced the calipers.

Forum User
    only use red rubber grease on the calipers seals etc.