Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

time for rebuild?

hi just picked up my williams 2 shes on 118, 000 miles and seems a bit lacking in the performance department. what sort of speed is every one getting from their willies and which gear, mines doing about 115 at 6000rpm in 5th! I know this isnt right! my old valver would have pissed all over this!! do you think its just tired and a rebuild would solve it?

cheers

Something i deffo not right however I would get the cheap stuff changed / diagnose the problem before heading for a hefty rebuild bill!!

yeh was thinking getting it compression tested and possibly rollin roaded to see how badly its lacking,

Forum User
    start with a compression test and gas analyser then maybe a full service if its hasn,t had one recently

good start, comp test and RR, maybe good service 1st tho and check your airfeed isnt blocked, my valver had that n topped out about there, unblocked it and ran fine again

the only thing to cause it to go slower at the same rpm would be the clutch I would've thought?

cheers guys, i have taken the airbox apart and all seems ok in there, its got full history with it and looks like its been serviced regularly, wondered whether the cat was knackered? guess will have to wait on the results of all the testing really

Quote Originally Posted by Matty86
    the only thing to cause it to go slower at the same rpm would be the clutch I would've thought?
    good thinkin batman, ai he's right, if its hittin 6k rpm the speed should be same as for a 'healthy' willy unless something drivetrain related is fubared

clutch was changed at 80,000 and doesnt slip at all, it bites pretty far down too, have any of you got similar mileage cars on standard untouched engines?

what so in otherewords if the engine wasnt performing it wouldnt hit the 6000 rpm it would top out lower? so could it be a hanging gear box?