Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clio and been away

Hi guys, just thought I'd say "i'm back" as been very busy with getting married and all the stress of my american wife getting a visa to live and work in this country.

Will be trying to resolve the following problems over the next few months (and actually make the purchases from people rather than discover I need to pay for £550 visa fees or a £400 flight ticket etc, and pull out).

* Sunroof motor replacement
    * Temp sensor replacement
    * Fix or replace water temp gauge/instrument panel
    * Sort engine mounts once and for all
    * Try a new TPS sensor and get it set up correctly.
    * Find out where that random smell of fuel is coming from
    * Clean the engine bay and tidy things up
    * Replace/fix 2 interior vents
    * Replace/flush the heater core as only get cold or luke warm air.
    * Spray the plastic scuttle/windscreen panel satin black. Also, try and get new or spray the door pockets as they look grim and sun faded.
    * Try and fix the remote alarm (central locking works with key, but PCB in car is completely corroded).

Should have bought laine16v's car instead of this one :( It will have everything fix lol.

Matthew

Hey mate

Thought you'd given up with the Clio and bought something else tbh! Congrats on the marriage. And good luck with the car... or both.

Bah.. I can't give it up! lol. Sometimes I think I hate it, but then I think I'd quite like to get it running lovely like it should be lol. Plus it's so fuel efficient it's stupid. It's not as fast as I want it to be but can't have everything (at the moment).

If I got a more powerful car, I would burn through the money just in getting to work, I know what I'm like, this car limits the spending on fuel.

Oh and I need to sort the brakes, press them, then as you slow the peddle drops (air in system maybe or split servo pipe?), and the hand brake doesn't hold too well on hills, so need to sort that (adjustment I suspect or new rear pads). Not to mention the noisy power steering pump, but I can live with that, it's just a noise it works just fine

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Scougar
    Oh and I need to sort the brakes, press them, then as you slow the peddle drops (air in system maybe or split servo pipe?
    I seem to have this issue as well - its a bit strange as if i stop on a slight hill and keep the pedal in the same position after a little while i start to roll, and find i can push the pedal a bit further...

Brakes themselves seem to work find tho

Yup, exactly the same. Stop then eventually releases (which might indicate air in the system, but might be something worse).

The bad part is that someone did the nuts up so tight that I can't get the wheels off to check anything grr. Must be air gun, or some fool using a 6 foot breaker bar to tighten the nuts (i know some people that do this, very daft).

Matthew

Should have bought laine16v's car instead of this one It will have everything fix lol.
    My silver one ?

The blue one (your in Devon right? Hope I got the right person lol)

Matthew

his old blue one went ages and ages ago, had a silver one since then which has been sold also, the silver one was a minter

Quote Originally Posted by Scougar
    The blue one (your in Devon right? Hope I got the right person lol)

Matthew
    Wrong person me thinks!!

My blue one was crashed on 12th Sept 06! Wasnt mint either

My silver one was a substantial upgrade in "mintness"

welcome back fella
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215