Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone else find this with the accelerator pedal?

when Im driving (and ever since ive had the car - williams 3) ive noticed a kind of 'gate' when putting my right foot down. either hard or gradual, the feeling is the same. Basically, when i accelerate, I feel a kind of 'notch' that the pedal seems too stop on, but unless youre a complete wimp you can go right through it to the point you're flooring it normally. Its never caused a problem, and is easy to pass through this 'gate'. But im wondering, is it a fault with my ar or have other people experienced it? What could it be? Im thinking either the cable sometimes gets caught on sumthing and requires a littel extra force to push on through. Or, i do recall i think it may have been a new clio, there was a gate installed to improve fuel economy and to aid you from flooring it all the time. technically the magazine quoted, there was two open throttles, which was bizarre. It might not have been the new clio, but definately on a uk car I heard of this. Anyway, anyone got any ideas?

Forum User
    yeah i feel it as wlel its because there are 2 "bits" ( not sure wat ther called) in the throttle body a big 1 and a little 1 1st half down is the smallers 1 and wen u put ure foot down it opens the bigger 1

to save petrol i only drive to the notch works as well but most time i cant help putting my foot down :(

I'd always assumed it was the 2nd throttle body butterfly opening up. Part throttle only opens one.

Forum User
    yea hthats wat its called!

also its there to save petrol!

hey

cheers guys. just wasnt sure. clever stuff eh. if driven well, from £40, or full tank i can get 450miles. im sorry but that is absolutely amazing mileage. i used to think my old r5 raider as good on fuel (bout 320miles to £40). but this clio williams thingy if far better ;) i love it. quick and good on fuel.

The notch you are feeling is just the second butterfly opening.

I call it "The fun barrier" lol.

Forum User
    haha!!! my other half felt it when she drove my new Williams for the first time....

I can't remember it from my first car but it is definately there with this one...

I put some WD40 onto the cable and this smoothed the action but there is definately two "steps"

When the second stages kicks in the clios warp drive switches on

meheh

the clio willams's warp drive kicks in you mean.
    16v pretenders just hope to go quicker