Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) Pics

Went along to the JAE today in Peterborough. My Pulsar was on display with the owners club - there was only 4 of us turned out because of the weather, though another 2 turned up at the end of the day, and the event also runs tommorrow.

The day started off with miserable weather but it soon dried out. Saw some extremely cool cars and Russ Swift was also there doing stunts in an Evo and a BMW Mini :D

Here are the pics i took:

The ultimate - a Skyline R34 GTR V-spec II Nur something One of my alltime favourite cars.

There were quite a few 'luminous' cars like this one - not to my taste really.

The owner of this scooby insisted on bouncing it off its limiter and revving the nuts of it for a few minutes. When he was done it didnt surprise me to see some black smoke coming out the exhaust. The owner of a stupidly high-bhp Skyline was also doing the same and his had plumes of black smoke coming out the back, engine didnt sound healthy at all Very nice cars though!

Supra engine bay

Evo engine bay - the piping on the manifold was massive - thick as my arm!

My favourite Pulsar there - was immaculate. It was the only GTiR entered into the 'Show and Shine' competition.

Evo engine bay. massive turbo fitted!

Skyline - took this because i thought his front bumper looked pretty stupid with those wind deflectors, not seen anything like it before

2 of the GTiR club stand - think the weather put people off..

Pulsar engine bay - i like the idea of intercooler placed behind the bumper and oil cooler placed in its place - i may have to copy this

Supra with massive turbo fitted - there were tonnes like this. Really made me want to get one. These cars are gorgeous inside too!

Supra with a one off wide arch kit blended into the bodywork. Was completely immaculate and looked so cool. Was also very jealous because the owner looked about 20 - where does the money come from

A slightly lowered Yaris

Minty Pulsar in 'Show and Shine'

The 350Z from this months Jap Performance magazine - boasting an engine spec of a GT car - if my memory is right, the owner spent £23k on the engine alone!

All in all a great day out. Watching Russ Swift doing his trademark parrallel parking was great. He also replicated his world record of 10 donuts in 13 seconds or something stupid like that. He ended up pulling the donuts so quick that the rear numberplate of the Evo he was driving came flying off into the crowd!

Love the Skyline R34 GTR V-spec II Nur and the white one also as well as the 350Z.

Forum User
    loving the colour on the rc developments car. those wing splitters on the supra bumper where developed in the japanese racing series on the nissian skylines i believe.

Forum User
    size of the brakes on the yaris , nothing under the bonnet

Some beasts there mate....shame about the weather though....ur car looked good in front of the others

Forum User
    I thought it looked out of place but after 2.5 hrs driving there i just wanted to get out, couldnt be arsed driving all the way round the back of the tent to line up with the rest lol

Some beautiful cars there... The nurburg skyline is awesome, and the supras bay is pretty special too..

ahhhhh if i still had mine i would have come along mate

urs still looks awsome their

Forum User
    Yeh was a shame about the lack of people that turned up. It was also running today, knowing my luck i went on the wrong day and today the stand was proabably crowded

Re: Japanese Auto Extravaganza (JAE) Pics

Quote Originally Posted by dan-hipgrave

Skyline - took this because i thought his front bumper looked pretty stupid with those wind deflectors, not seen anything like it before
    They're called cunards and, as Maxiboy said, are used quite a lot in motorsport.