Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Investing in some decent tools...

... as I can't afford to keep taking it to a garage... lol

This Halfords set (click me) appears to be good for a socket set, and it has a lifetime guarantee

and this Halfords set (click me) seems to be the best spanner/ratchet set they do.

Would they be good? Would I only need the socket set?

This (click me) seems to cover more things but not be as relevant to motors...

All recommendations much appreciated!

A Torx key set wouldn't go a miss either as most of the clio parts are torx screws. The toex set can be picked up on ebay for cheap. Apart from that, looks like your gonna have yourself a good set

Yep, have got a halfords set of those already! lol

Had to get them when I was brave and got stuck in to change the thermostat myself

If anyone has a yay or nay to the most expensive of those sets above then let me know! :D

Torque wrench is a must 3/8" & 1/2", 1/2" been the most important

those ratchet spanners are excellent, their bluepoint/snap on equivalent are approx £140-£200 depending on wether they are swivel head or not

ai, halfords stuff is spot on, altho other week i did snap my 6mm alan key attachement on the top mounts, but av still not been able to get them off even with a breaker bar and an alan key so am guessin impact wrench job!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    ai, halfords stuff is spot on, altho other week i did snap my 6mm alan key attachement on the top mounts, but av still not been able to get them off even with a breaker bar and an alan key so am guessin impact wrench job!
    I know what you mean i did exactly the same, Tried heat, didn't work either, in the end got the hump Got a club hammer out and bolster. then thought about it and drilled it out. Bought a new kit from renault £30. Got to do the other side yet and that is solid too.

battery impact gun 1/2" drive 21mm socket, no need for allen key then until do up time

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyb16v
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    I know what you mean i did exactly the same, Tried heat, didn't work either, in the end got the hump Got a club hammer out and bolster. then thought about it and drilled it out. Bought a new kit from renault £30. Got to do the other side yet and that is solid too.
    not puttin a drill anywhere near me coilovers! it can stay seized, bloody moody damn renault!

ive got the 150 piece and its spot on, use it all the time