to de cat or not to de cat?

on a standard williams. exhaust defo needs replacing....pros and cons of leaving cat on? i heard u dont really gain any extra ponies and infact lose low end torque...opinions please...

might gain a couple of hp uptop and lose a little bit of low end torque all depends on your driving style and how loud you want it

As above...i found it far to loud after a while with the de-cat...and felt a bit shit lower down the rev range. My Magnex sounds a lot nice with the cat on.....keeps the Neighbours happy too! All depends on what exhaust u have i suppose....

don't bother

hey...

well folks..i suppose torque is really what u feel..besides, how many extra ponies will i get...2...3? maybe 5. the hasle of changing it over mot, n the loudness, nah. standard catted magnex will give me the sound im lookin for. extra power can come from a tune n chip... thats where real gains are found ill bet.
    oh, im thinking of an induction kit aswell. maybe a hillpower one seeings as theyre near. will that add to the sound? anyexpierences? the scuttle job sounds good...

Re: hey...

Quote Originally Posted by titcharoony
    well folks..i suppose torque is really what u feel..besides, how many extra ponies will i get...2...3? maybe 5. the hasle of changing it over mot, n the loudness, nah. standard catted magnex will give me the sound im lookin for. extra power can come from a tune n chip... thats where real gains are found ill bet.
    oh, im thinking of an induction kit aswell. maybe a hillpower one seeings as theyre near. will that add to the sound? anyexpierences? the scuttle job sounds good...
    std airbox with an ITG panel filter and a decent front feed works well