Thread: misfire!!

misfire!!

Hi all i'm new to this site and have bought a car that was owned by one of your members (steve740) and all was in working order for a while. yesterday my mate took the car to do the wheelbearting and it has suddenly developed a misfire, . All of the standard things have been checked:

New plugs and leads
    New dizzy and rotor arm
    compression test has been done and everything is ok, the head gasket has not long been done.
    the fuel filter has been replaced as the car was low, and it has been kept dry since i bought it, although it has only been driven a couple of miles a week to keep it running

i got a couple of months left til i can drive the car again but i would like for it to be sorted as its breaking me.

Forum User
    was there oil in the plug wells.

Checked the injector plugs?

To be honest i'm mno mechanic but i think there was a little oil when my mate done the plugs, he said that he'd chok the injectors with a noid light to check for a pulse.

Thanx 4 the advice just checked the injector plug and it was off!?!? runnin fine now gr8!

Sorry but i do have declare that i am a serial panicer(if that is a word!), can't believe my m8 didn't check first, i sorted it and i'm not a mechanic!! :D