Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please

Forum User

Opinions please

Right, I have been looking at some cars over the last couple of days. I drove a 172 cup yesterday and was actually quite impressed with it. I went to look at a 182 today. I was just wondering what you guys think of these cars?

I have also been looking at some Trophy's...would it be worth spending the extra money on one?

Cheers

Trophy is suppose to be fantastic but i couldnt justify 10.5k + for a clio a 197 will be that in 12 months!

If i had to have one i would probably go for a 182 cup. Has all the toys and looks and there some around the 7.5-8k mark now.

Hope the willy is still treating you well

Forum User
    Yeah I thought that the trophy is a lot of money at the moment and I just dont know if its worth the extra money. I went to a Renault Dealer today and I was looking at a 197....im still not sure on them.

The Williams is still treating me well and is not going anywhere!

Forum User
    i recently bought a 182 with cup pack, cost me £7900 and i love it, nice to have a car with all the toys(leather/cruise control/climate control etc ) and still have a quick car, still have my williams and 16v at the moment

i looked at the clio trophys but i couldnt justify spending 10k+ on a car the same age which is almost the same!

i didnt buy the 182 for all out performance or to trackday it etc, just wanted a nice comfy car which is has the power there for when i need it, not just a crappy 1.2!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by richy
    i recently bought a 182 with cup pack, cost me £7900 and i love it, nice to have a car with all the toys(leather/cruise control/climate control etc ) and still have a quick car, still have my williams and 16v at the moment

i looked at the clio trophys but i couldnt justify spending 10k+ on a car the same age which is almost the same!

i didnt buy the 182 for all out performance or to trackday it etc, just wanted a nice comfy car which is has the power there for when i need it, not just a crappy 1.2!
    Anyone would think you like clios or something? As if....

Mike

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club

agreed

I have my valver for fun, i brought the 172 for a bit more reliablity and comfort on the motorways.
    I dont see the point of a cup/trophey unless you want to track it, and tbh you can have a full fat 172 air con, leather, etc etc for example 7k, or a cup with all the nice stuff ripped out and just a tad lower for 8k??!! crazy - renault saw those coming who brought one.

imo cup and trophey are not justified by the price, get a 17/182 FF, cheaper option and still a v nice, quick(ish) car

or you can be really sensible and not but a renault

Quote Originally Posted by Williams-Jr

agreed

I have my valver for fun, i brought the 172 for a bit more reliablity and comfort on the motorways.
    I dont see the point of a cup/trophey unless you want to track it, and tbh you can have a full fat 172 air con, leather, etc etc for example 7k, or a cup with all the nice stuff ripped out and just a tad lower for 8k??!! crazy - renault saw those coming who brought one.

imo cup and trophey are not justified by the price, get a 17/182 FF, cheaper option and still a v nice, quick(ish) car

or you can be really sensible and not but a renault
    basically! gav minced out! he loves cliosport really! if im gonna get a new sports car im gonna opt for the scooby and not a new pissy renault!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Err, the 172 cup's were cheaper when brand new.

Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by MatBrown
    Err, the 172 cup's were cheaper when brand new.

Mat.
    still shit!!!!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Nah, i enjoyed mine.

Mat.