Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Chaps I need your help - Life changer ahead!

I'm depressed.

I changed careers nearly 3 years ago as my last company basically took the piss out of me and the place I work for now is even worse - I hate my job, the hours, the working away and its not only affecting me but the people I love too.

Basically it all comes down to this - I want to be a Primary school teacher like my missus, I love kids and if theres one thing I like about my current job is going to schools installing and basically being around them (no I don't want to fiddle them )

At the end of the day its partly my fault and the 2 comapnys I've worked for long term but I only did one year at college, half an apprenticeship and my current company wont allow me to do any training as they're too busy - so basically I have no written evidence of anything I'm capable of

Taking off all the bonuses I receieve and what I reckon I can cope off while I'm training I need your help in finding ANY JOB that pays around £15,600 PA.

So WHAT DO YOU DO? and HOW MUCH DOES IT PAY? and if applicable the hours so I can try and work a part time degree into my spare hours.

I'd really appreciate all your help, I'm actually getting really really down about my life and anyone who knows me will tell you thats not me.

Cheers

Darren

Shelf stacking, pubs, retail etc.. etc..

I'm really not arsed - I used to scoff at shop work and the like I must admit but the fact I FINALLY know where i'm going in life means I'm prepared to do it for however long it takes. Not just for me but for our lass :D

Forum User
    So your looking for a job that pays £300 a week on flat hours ?

I work a 40 hr week and get that. Though had to go to college for 3 years to get qualifications for it (I'm a Joiner) Imo you'd find it hard to find a job that pays that without experience/qualifications, but I've never really looked into it much.

Can't you do evening course at college etc?

Sorry if that wasn't much help

I used to earn more in a factory in the job before this one and that was 37 hours.

To be fair, hours I can do, I'd do 50 hrs a week instead of 40 if it made up the difference.

I'd love to do evening courses but theres no way in hell I can do it with this job.

Last week for example I was in Wigan, 3 hours later I was told to pack a bag and I'll be in scotland for a month inc. weekends lol, I told them to stick weekends but the fact I can tell him to stick going to scotland or here there everywhere means I cant fully commit to a course - even online would be hard as I can't be 100% I'll always have net connection wherever I am.

I just need a local ish fixed hours job so I can make damn sure I can do courses etc.

if you find one that pays that much let me know as i work 45 hours for 14k
    basicly your going to have to take a massive pay/lifestyle cut
    to train but will be worth it

Trainee Biomedical Scientist with the NHS, doing a part-time degree in London at the same time.

Its a 4 year training position, coming to the end of my 3rd currently. I earn a percentage of a Full time BMS wage until I qualify next year. It goes up in increments of 5% (plus the usual inflation increases). I earn 70% at the moment which is around £17,000 working 37.5hrs a week and finding time to study around that.

Its ****ing hard work.

Sounds interesting though!! ^^^ didi you fall into that or is that what you wanted to do?

Forum User
    I used to be a welder- did an aprenticeship and everything, and then thought to myself "I can't see myself still doing this when i'm 50". So I decided to change jobs for a while, and now i'm an estate agent, but we deal with large houses- 500k upwards, so the money is really good when you sell, and the basic is onbly around 12k, but you get loads of extras on top of that, car allowance, petrol etc etc. My mates at first ripped it out of me as most people in my job are just refered to as a ****ing wankers. lol! But it is a really good job for me anyway and I think I have a good career lined up for the future earning a fair whack while I'm at it.

Give it a try, theres always these kind of jobs around, I thought I would absolutely hate it, but I think i'm in the right job now.

find a temping job in an area you enjoy thats at least 6 months to a year contract and then u wont care too much about it, will be getting the experience you need and have time to study outside of work and get some more qualifications to boot.

bin man!!!!!!!!!!!! 20k per year.

4 days a week(tue to fri) dont work mondays but if its a bank holiday get paid double time

start at 7,usually finish for 12 but got a new driver now so at home for 9.15 early or 11.30 late finish

have to run about though