Gearbox options (again)

I know that this has been covered before but I am still unsure about the most cost effective way of upgrading the valver box that I currently run in my hybrid. Williams boxes are expensive new and I dont really know where to start when it comes to sourcing a good secondhand wiliams or 172 cup box, or if I would actually trust a secondhand box considering how much hassle it is ti change them!. Also, if I get a 2.0 magane box I dont know how to modify the mount so that it would fit..........

It seems strange that as the gearboxes are such weak points in these cars that there isn't more info on this site about how I could repair or replace the box in my car for as little outlay as possible!

Forum User
    best buy a cheap second hand willy box and have it rebuilt and modified by some one who know,s what he,s doing.

or you could look to use a r5gtt box, the modified r5gtt's put out alot more torque than any n/a williams or valver on this forum and dont have anywhere near as many gearbox failures. you would have to swap the speedo sensor in the box, (if its possible) if you wanted to retain the clio clocks though