Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: full respray

Forum User

full respray

i would like to get my car resprayed this year, FULL RESPRAY, as the arches are starting to go, and there's a small dent on one of the arches, so it could do with tidying up................................................ ............

oh yeah and one other thing, its the wrong ****ing colour!

i've been quoted £1200 + vat off a local place who tidy'd up my old valver, but i'd like to know who's had a full respray, the costs and the results please, what do you think i should be paying for this, and anyone know of any good bodywork shops, northwest based if possible.

£1200 sounds cheap for a top job?

Forum User
    payed a grand for mine. plus pay cash and haggle

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by white16valver
    £1200 sounds cheap for a top job?
    he did a good job on the valver, but then again i sold it straight away, so dont know how well it held up.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBOY
    payed a grand for mine. plus pay cash and haggle
    where you happy with the results? and has it lasted well? asked this guy about paying cash , but he said it would have to go through the books as its a lot of hours to sort out

I say yours last year bill and noticed the colour differance.

I would get a full window out respray in monico....i would say 1k - £1500 for a perfect job.

im paying £450+vat for a bumper, rear arch and taking it to the passengers door (tar damage) (all blended in). they are doing the arch (properly this time, the last place it lasted 35 days because they used filler!) (and i paid the going rate and vat!).
    they are also removing the dimma fuel cap and making the old girl back to original!

renault did the drivers side rear arch under the original 8 years warranty and its really a good job. the place that i am having mine done is the official renault repairers in my area. they did my drivers door last year and im really impressed.

i wish id taken my original job to "trident". goodwins did a really good job with spraying my bonnet and new tailgate, but the repair of the rear arch was shite to say the least.

i'd pay that bit more for a really reputable company.

Forum User
    yes mate. my sprayer did an excellent job. had it done three years ago and it was outstanding. this year the paint got contaminated and blistered and he,s doing it again for the cost of the paint. can,t say fairer than that. but its the amount of prep that,s needed that puts the price up. mine had loads but i did most of it myself. also you can save money by stripping and reassembling it yourself

I've been considering having a fill re-spray myself this year....gonna get a quote me thinks and c what i'll be looking at, as theres a bloke who lives near me who restores classic cars...E-Type jags etc as he did my bumper and bonnet on the hybrid last year and did a great job. How long would it take normally for a full re-sray?

Forum User
    depends on work involved. mine took a month as because of the kit ect he wanted to leave the primer to harden off properly before top coating