Anyone swapped to 106 GTI

...and not come back to clios? Driven one myself and loved it. But are they any less troublesome than valvers?

Hi

I went from a 106 gti to a williams. Mine was a 2002 and was faultless over a year and 10000 miles. Performance wise mine had a decat and induction kit and would keep up with a williams. It was a "good" one. Now I've got a williams i'd say the clio is better built and feels far more stable. Before where the 106 felt nervous the clio feels planted. Clios are better all round. Reliability varies so much on them.

Andrew

tbh swervin i think u have had a lot of trouble with ur valver, u thought about selling it for another which u may have more luck with?

I have a new one and i's just dropped it's coolant.

106 I drove felt solid. Dash was a bit flaky though

hmm i cant says i have had too many problems with my clio, nothing major but dont tend to rag it much :/

Going on my experience, 106 GTis aren't very reliable at all. Head gasket and gearbox problems on a car with less than 60k

But then they'll be loads of owners who've enjoyed problem-free motoring. The drive more than makes up for any problems anway

Forum User
    South London Drives: Hybrid, 16v + Willy 2
    I have a 106 GTI and a hybrid/16v, my hybrid is tuned and would batter my 106 so a performance comparison isnt really fair, but standard for standard the 106 handles better and is slightly quicker than a 16v. Reliability seems to be slightly better with 106, doesnt seem to be as fragile as the 16v!

Both good cars tho and quite similar in so many ways...