Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bored of my valver now

As you all know, it's up for sale as I am bored with it.

TBH, I can't be arse delving into the world of L&B bottom ends, high lift cams and throttle boddie. For the gain there is to be had, set against the costs, it's just too much for me to warrant spending it.

Therefore, I am off back to the turbo fraternity.

Anyone else gone from N/A to turbo lately?

yep this weekend

the clios quick but the pulsar is a different legue at the minute!!!

againt martins or jesus's it mite struggle but its fookin quick, turbos blow up pretty easy tho lol as ive also found out, didnt even get me 30 miles and the head gasket went, only payed 1200 quid for it tho and its worth more than that in bits!!

Forum User
    turbo,s the way to go. but so,s clio.

J o n
    I'd possibly consider a turbo, depends more on the car than anything else tbh, I'm a fussy cunt though lol. If I got a turbo it would have to be quicker and better than what I have now, possibly a high power classic Scooby that's well known and been done properly... other than that most cars that float my boat are high powered NA ones, like E36 M3 and E39 M5's.

Would like to have a do against a Pulsar though, never actually been up against one or seen one on the road when I have been in any of my cars past or present... lol

Phil, if Martin sells his you should buy that, prolly wont feel as fast as a turbo'd car, but chances are it will be quicker than most out the box and even modded versions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    I'd possibly consider a turbo, depends more on the car than anything else tbh, I'm a fussy c**t though lol. If I got a turbo it would have to be quicker and better than what I have now, possibly a high power classic Scooby that's well known and been done properly... other than that most cars that float my boat are high powered NA ones, like E36 M3 and E39 M5's.

Would like to have a do against a Pulsar though, never actually been up against one or seen one on the road when I have been in any of my cars past or present... lol

Phil, if Martin sells his you should buy that, prolly wont feel as fast as a turbo'd car, but chances are it will be quicker than most out the box and even modded versions.
    if ur up for it mate id be more than happy to have a blast with you at pod or york, would love to see how they fair againt each other, i think i may have it off the mark but i recon ud catch me pretty quick (4WD )

its definatly worth buying one that you know has been well looked after, its always good if you have a friend selling one coz u know the ins and outs, plus if their a good friend they shouldnt lye to ya

you may see this scene alot though

I often ponder this myself and I think I'd have a mint 22B or turbo the willy :D

Forum User
    forgive me if this may sound a bit stoopid :P

but could you not buy martins T/B beast? all work is done and i'm paying similar money to obtain an engine of a slightly different spec.

Surely to buy a mint pulsar/impreza etc you would be looking at similar money?

im looking at pulsar and imprezas at present. really need to drive both to make my mind up but looks wise at the mo the imprezas comin up trumps.

tuned turbo - no

standard quick turbo - yes

i dont think i would ever own a highly tuned, fiddled with turbo car unless i know the work was done to an extremely high standard by a reputable company... would also never use it for a daily drive.

N/A is the way to go.

ITB for Me!!!!!!!!!

why get rid of the valver mate, at the mascrot the other night it looked farking mint, if you do end up selling who every buys it will get a minter, looked A++++++++++++++

Forum User
    pulsar. from one chocolate gearbox to another