Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi S3

Forum User

Audi S3

The best race i've had yet.... we messed around on the ring road for 2 or 3 miles before heading out onto the dual carriageway, and from rolling from about 30, right upto 125, i was very close to him, by the time we hit that speed we had to slow down due to other traffic, but had a couple more goes upto about 110 and i almost kept with the S3 each time. Only thing is, it had a private "S3***" number plate so I don't know what sort it was. From searching the net, the early ones seem to be either 210 or 225bhp, so i was still pretty impressed with the Clio to have been so close behind..... think the other guy was a bit shocked to!

J o n
    careful, thats the same engine that's in the Leon (you know, that dull rep mobile) and they are unbeatable. Engines forged in the depths of hell and tuned by pixies to make it faster than an F1 car and more street cred than a DB9...

Forum User
    Lol, i'll hold my hands up and admit that the S3 was quicker, i was just impressed with the Clio by how close we were, time we'd got to 125, he was only about 3 car lenghts in front (which is a closer than comfortable driving distance at that speed!).
    A mate picked up an Audi TT 225 Conv at the weekend so im waiting to have a race with that now...... feeling a little bit more confident after the S3!

Ive had a real good doo with a audi tt once...female driver aswell...tis a good buzz when they flash there hazzards when you both go your seperate ways....always make the occasion fun.

J o n
    yeah dont fear the 225 or 210 output VAG cars, despite what the owners think they are nothing special for their power output and will never be able to lose you even on a straight unless tuned. get some schmams on it and say bye to annoying cars

Banned
    I remember a do i had with a 225 TT in my CRX. I was running about 135 bhp ish in a car that weighed about 795 kg's.

When i crept past him at 100+ he looked like a right knob with his stupid sunglasses and gay shirt on. He then proceeded to try to outbraked a car that weighed half as much as his into a roundabout and nearly lost his car.

It was wet.

Forum User
    Well i went for a quick drive in it, seems quite pokey, very smooth power delivery but it seemed quicker than i was expecting. Just looked up the power figures for the S3 and 225 TT and they seem to run the same engine, but the S3 is slighty quicker, so looks like i may be ok against the TT. I've told him i'll only race in the dry though so i can get traction otherwise he'll laugh at me with his 4wd

Forum User
    Until up and running where his 4wd then becomes a hinderance :D

J o n
    I think they are a hinderance from launches on those things too looking at the way they just dont pull of the line. Mehdi had the S3, he wasn't impressed with the way it handled or the power, his 2.0 valver was much quicker iirc

A guy I work with has an S3, which he got after he binned his Cup. He said there wouldn't be a great deal in it, but thinks the S3 is stronger top end. Nice cars imho.