Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Exhausts

Forum User

Ashley Exhausts

Has anyone had one? they seem very cheap at the moment so thinking of getting one.

just wondered if anyone has had any experiences, or coul dgive me an idea of how they sounf n how well they fit etc..

cheers

Matt

a mate had one on his nova, sounded nice enough, he had mild steel system, and the dreaded rot got hold of it pretty quick, manifold's are meant to be good, mandrel bent and all that!!

Tobi

Forum User
    iv had 6 from ashley over the years lol and 1 was on my hybrid,i think they bloody great,there not quiet tho lol,but there cheap and they are so strong,dont fit amazing tho,ok if you have a decent ramp to use

Forum User
    do ashlee do manifolds for the f7p? is so does anyone have an idea on price?

Forum User
    Russ- Do you have any pics of the exhaust on the car??

I've heard somewhere that they did do the manifolds but not sure if they still do them? For the f7p

Banned
    I have one of their systems on my 1.4RT along with a silenced de-cat (because with a decat it was too loud for me... my ears were going to bleed!).

But the system is great for the price. Obviously, mild steel so it won't last that long. But mine has been on the RT for over a year now and is fine. Np problems.

Ashley systems are not the best fitting, takes awhile to get it right, but I've had no knocking, or anything like that which you get on these more expensive systems.

Sound wise, well like I say loud but it's nice and deep, not a raspy sound. On the RT the system doesn't really kick in till 3k rpm. With the silenced de-cat it's made the system spit and pop just at idle and it's very rally slag imo.

For the money, I love it! They are helpful as well, I rang up to enquire about having a manifold matched to the system and I was looking at around £400 mark (but that's because they had to develop it as well, as they don't do it for that car).

I'm at work atm but I can upload vids and pics tonight if you like?

Forum User
    if you could upload some pics/vids then that would be great mate :D

if i ever fitted a system to 205 gti or opel manta i would go for ashley everytime.

as russ says they're cheap but well made,too many people get too caught up in the whole stainless is better argument IMO,

having said that mild or stainless is irrellivent to me as i never keep cars for long enough for the exhaust to rust!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Keefy
    if i ever fitted a system to 205 gti or opel manta i would go for ashley everytime.

as russ says they're cheap but well made,too many people get too caught up in the whole stainless is better argument IMO,

having said that mild or stainless is irrellivent to me as i never keep cars for long enough for the exhaust to rust!
    I also think mild steel gives a different note to the exhaust over stainless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_16v
    if you could upload some pics/vids then that would be great mate :D
    No probs.

Well this is the one on the RT. It's the 4" round, I could of bought a 3" varient but I think 4" is slightly better. Tbh I would love 3.5" but they don't do that size (but I'm sure they'd make one up if you asked).

(^ Packed up)

(^ When it was first fitted)

(^ Taken on the mobile phone)

Ok, sound clips. Taken on the mobile. I've just bought a new digi cam which records videos. So if you'd like one more better quality one, I can get it uploaded for the weekend?

But here are the two from the mobile phone.

1. Idle - Revs - http://media.putfile.com/Ashley-Exhaust-Revs
    (You can hear it spitting after I stop bliping the throttle. What sound like "clicks" or actual pops in reality, but the phone can't pick them up because they are too low).

2. Driving Past - http://media.putfile.com/Ashley-Exhaust-Driving
    (As I go around the bend, it pops on overrun. Skip to near the end as I come back around also and blip it on the drive).

Comments welcome. Like I say, I'm dying to try out my new digicam, so I can do one more (probably better quality) if you want.