Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I do?

What do I do?

The williams i'm supposed to be buying was being MOT'd and a wheel bearing done today. Its been 2 weeks since I viewed the car so was looking forward to picking it up this weekend. Anyway got a message tonight and the garage havn't done anything as they snapped the locking wheel nut key. Now they've got to drill or smash nuts off depending on type. The garage have said they can't do it and its got to go somewhere else to take the nuts off.

I'm just getting a bad vibe now, as well as being slightly pissed off. I paid a £200 deposit but am considering just losing that and finding another one. Whats peoples opinions?

Forum User
    Be patient, everything about these cars seems to require patience....it's a bummer but not the end of the world!

Banned
    That bollocks. You take the tyre off, then the caliper and the hub and pull the broken nut through the back of the hub.

An rac man did it on the roadside with just a spanner, rubber hammer and some pliers.

Any garage should be able to do it.

I would phone this girl up, tell her the deposit was given based on you picking the car up this weekend. Tell her to get it sorted NOW or youll pull out and a solicitor will recoup costs through a small claims court if the deposit isnt returned. A verbal agreement to deliver the car is a binding contract. As soon as the money was handed over, a legal contract was formed. Tell her its not good enough, if that garage cant do it, get her to take it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    That bollocks. You take the tyre off, then the caliper and the hub and pull the broken nut through the back of the hub.

An rac man did it on the roadside with just a spanner, rubber hammer and some pliers.

Any garage should be able to do it.

I would phone this girl up, tell her the deposit was given based on you picking the car up this weekend. Tell her to get it sorted NOW or youll pull out and a solicitor will recoup costs through a small claims court if the deposit isnt returned. A verbal agreement to deliver the car is a binding contract. As soon as the money was handed over, a legal contract was formed. Tell her its not good enough, if that garage cant do it, get her to take it somewhere else.
    always love your replys in these situations king!!!! by the way mate has anyone ever ripped you off or anything??? cos i couldnt see anyone doing it to you!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Banned
    People try.

I dont take any shit.

so i noticed mate! hmmmmmmmm fcs will be funny tho! cant wait for that!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

They've broke the key Stromba, not the stud or else it would be as simple as that.

TBH It was never properly arranged for this weekend, just mentioned, seeing as the car was going in today for the work to be done.

I'm just getting a bad vibe about it and can't help thinking my best option would be to hybrid my valver.

Oh i'm confused.

Banned
    Tell her you want the car asap.
    williams or bust.

I don't like the idea of some monkey smashing or drilling the locking nuts out though. Probably **** all four wheels leaving them needing a refurb.

Banned
    Phone her and tell her if the wheels are damaged by monketys you wont buy it and will expect the deposit returned.