Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What To Do?

Forum User

What To Do?

So it seems in the last couple of days ive come into some money and im thinking of spending some of it on the clio, just thinking tho, wat could i get for it thats nothing massive such as the "big three" (throttle bodies, turbo, supercharger), just looking for relatively cheap mods that i will feel a little difference in. You all go on about these "breather mods" that work well with the 16v/williams, but what other parts are there apart from an air filter that are interlinked as a breather mod? Looking to spend around £500 all together, what do u think i could get with that and the kinda gains i wud get from it too

Any help wud be appreciated

Cheers
    Nick

Forum User
    If you dont have a 2.0 in there already...sort it

Money spent

Forum User
    lol, i wud but, just spent circa a £1000 putting in my 16v lump with shit loadsa brand new parts, and thats not including fitted yet either, so for me to put in a willy lump in my car now wud waste all that money.

Forum User
    Some may call that a massive waste of money

Forum User
    I know they may well do, but going from a 1.4 to the 1.8 16v will do for the moment. Just have to get the 16v lump faster than a williams

Forum User
    Shouldnt be too hard lol :P

Forum User
    So anyone, ideas as to wat i should do?

Depends how much you have to spend and what you want from the engine performance wise.

Youve ruled out FI, so as far as NA goes, you need to concentrate on headwork, cams, and bottom end work to make it a screamer.

Either that and put in a 2.0 with cams and headwork, and have similar peak power with more torque lower down.

Forum User
    Well i sed i had about £500 to spend, but i have inherited a lot more, so i could stretch a lot more, but nothing stupid obviously.