Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe sell the valver for a 172??

Yes, You are all going to tell me what a cock I am, but after the valver going pop, I think I need something a bit "newer".

Now, I know I am looking around 4-5k for a clean one with circa 50k on the clock, but are the Cup models really worth that bit more for use as an everyday car??

Please dont tell me to ask on CS

if ya get something newer dont get a new shape clio??????? they may be faster! but they have no character whatsoever!!!!!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

I may be biased but get a Cup and you won't look back m8...ask anyone who has been in mine with reasonably basic mods and I'm sure they'll agree. There is more to it than just less toys....

Chris

Personally it depends what your after in a car, i always found my 172 a nice car to drive A-B and nip down the shops; you could give it some grief when erm... "required" and it had leather, AC, etc etc... Although i never found it very involving to drive; nice seats but piss poor height, the steering had good feel but lacked any kind of feedback, and the damn thing cost fookin loads to fix wen it went wrong!!

All in all a good car for the money these days but i cant say i ever took mine down a B-Road and left it grinning like a cheshire cat, unlike the williams which although can too have its faults it keeps me happy no-end and costs me peanuts to look after in retrospect to my 172...

In terms of the MK1 172/MK2 172/CUP/TROPHY etc having driven a number off varients IMO unless your planning on thrashing the thing to its upmost limits just get the best colour/options for your preference!

Alternatives for <5k are sparse to mind tho, MK3 VR6 or CUPRA R maybe?

If I was choosing any of the mk2s I wouldn't entertain any of them other than the 172 cup

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    if ya get something newer dont get a new shape clio??????? they may be faster! but they have no character whatsoever!!!!!
    words out of my mouth. they look like all other clios. when you look if you havent got a trained eye from the front the only difference is the bumper and its not always easy to tell. theres also nothing that separated the interior from models like 172 diesel etc.

then look at a williams/16v... i rest my case. theyre the best looking renault ever. imo

lewis

Re: Maybe sell the valver for a 172??

Quote Originally Posted by McPikie
    Now, I know I am looking around 4-5k for a clean one with circa 50k on the clock, but are the Cup models really worth that bit more for use as an everyday car??
    Cups should be cheaper than an equivalent Full Fat 172.
    Renault were knocking out brand new pre-registered '53' plates for £9995.

Mat.

Go for it, i wouldnt get a cup. I love A/C options far too much. I really feel the heat!

well said lewis! whats the cosmetic difference(bodywise) between the 172 and the DCI???? exactly!!! lol
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Apart from the bonnet vent the willie/Valver has the same differences as the 172...wider arches and different bumper......

I think this looks suitably mean imo

I agree that the 172s look rounder but this in your mirror looks mean enough.....Jesus even mentioned the other week how good it looked when I was behind him

Chris