Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

supersprint fitting advice needed

I have bought a second hand supersprint manifold from bass_direct on this forum but I am told by k-tec that I cannot get the fitting kit anymore.
    I need to know if a standard valver or williams gasket would fit or if anybody knows of the best option.
    I also need to know how long it would take to fit as one garage has quoted me two hours worth of labour witch sounds a lot....

Forum User
    the fitting kit is availiable via the uk supersprint supplier/importer. i ordered one. what are not availiable are the major components like the down pipe itself. i think the name of the imported is eurostyling or something similar, so a goodle search on supersprint uk.

fitting the unit is easy. for ease i would invest in a 10 mm rachet spanner to access the manifold nuts. you can manipulate the old manifold out from the the top of the engine bay and fit the new one. the real pain is mating the supersprint downpipe to the manifold. imo the design is poor which causes the dpipe to seize on, bend out of allignment, its a joke tbh.

i was fed up with it so i removed it and fit a williams manifold .. which feels just as good.

Thanks gunner, I did call eurostyling and they told me that k-tec are now the sole importers of these manifolds and k-tec told m that they dont supply the fitting kits seperately.

So obviously a gasket is going to have to be improvised......

Forum User
    take the down pipe to powerflow witha a ktec variable decat..they'll sort it for you

Is it just the fire ring you need that goes on the downpipe to cat joint? if so any exhaust place will stock these of various sizes.

ARJ off here has had a piece of pipe made up, as his was also missing this (part of the fitting kit).

What are you missing? the only thing i can think you would need would be a exhaust manifold gasket. And if you run gaskets on the exhaust flanges one of those.

Yeah i had a hell of a time with mine, i dont think these are that well designed. Im going to get rid of the floating flange for a solid pipe there to stop the blowing

head to manifold gasket? standard reno part

Yes its the just the head to manifold gasket that I am worried about, I just want to know if a standard 16v or williams gasket would fit the supersprint manifold?

yes - a standard gasket fits fine. from memory its £12 !

Thanks northy. :D