View Poll Results: Will you go to the next non trackday meet?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love going for a drive with fellow members

22 84.62%
  • No, it's a load of bollox and your all ghey

4 15.38%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    J o n

Future meet - are we bothering?

Even though it was a top day out yesterday the amount of no shows to the amount of confirmed attendees was shocking. 9 cars from 20+ turned up and a very valid point was made. If its not a trackday people dont bother turning up, which seems to ring true. What's going on fellas?

I'd suggest another meet next month to get a bit of regularity back, but the question is will people actually turn up?

Would people be up for the old post office run, I hear that pretty good, although I've never done it.

if its not mega far from me id attend every one i can

doesnt matter if its ten members or 30 to me

Re: Future meet - are we bothering?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    Even though it was a top day out yesterday the amount of no shows to the amount of confirmed attendees was shocking. 9 cars from 20+ turned up and a very valid point was made. If its not a trackday people dont bother turning up, which seems to ring true. What's going on fellas?

I'd suggest another meet next month to get a bit of regularity back, but the question is will people actually turn up?

Would people be up for the old post office run, I hear that pretty good, although I've never done it.
    I've got to agree Jon...with 20+ people down for coming it was a dissapointing turnout and not a patch on the last peaks run I did with northy, gaz, hooligan and all the cs lot. Just seemed to be lacking the usual characters/atmosphere...

J o n
    this is what I felt Martin, dont get me wrong, it was a really good day, but it's not one I'll remember in years to come like the massive 30+ car convoys of old when we did these meets... might be worth combining any future meets with CS just to get the numbers up... might make the people that didn't come think about what they might be missing out on

im allways up for a drive out

Would be a shame if we could'nt sustain pure wc meets especially in the n/w with the amount of members we have. Although thinking about it we have'nt had many wc only local (non event/trackday) meets the only one that springs to mind was the legendary 2005 meet up near mine.

i couldnt come to having no mot or tax, i did one a few months ago which was my best one todate.....but my name didnt go down on this list after we lost the original one.

done 3 this year - xmas 05, spring 06 and summer 06 had 10 max on all of them tbh.

The last JJB meet had 3 of us....2live, jesus and me.

I can do another northy route - but its hard finding new roads without and town driving to reach them.

was a good day but i agree, would have been nice to see some more familiar faces!

anyway, a regular event in the calender would be good but perhaps, like gaz suggests a few new places, or even a bigger meet and then for anyone who fancies a drive out they can and for the ones who don't they stop at the meeting place?

i personally think the biggest let down was martin not driving and us lot seeing his monster on 3!

However i enjoyed a few good overtakes, some good stretches of road, a little comparison with daz and gaz, however didn't really enjoy the smoke too much!

J o n
    I saw you get stuck there just as I went through on orange... I did slow down a shit load (ask Wayne! lol) but personally you should have gone through them, I just check for cameras and run them if it's safe.

Cat & Fiddle bit I got stuck behind some slow moving traffic too, eventually caught the pack up then overshot the pub oops!

Fiddle to Ladybower was the best bit of the run for me too, it was mostly clear iirc wasn't it Gaz? Only problem was that we ended up about 5+ minutes in front waiting for the slow arses to catch up lol
    Pot holes weren't too bad, I just swerved when you did! lol

I think the next run should be one with nice smooth roads too, I dont mind a bit of a poor surface, but bad surface, bad camber and pot holes on the snakes pass made for a less than enjoyable ride... in fact it got a bit scary at points

Would like another meet next month, with the organisation starting now and a run and pub lunch planned... or even just a drive out to a pub for a meal if weather stops play would be good. It's rare everyone's in the same place at the same time.