Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Valver insurance at 18

I'm needing to get the cheapest insurance possible for a valver. I was getting good quotes with elephant, admiral and bell before I bought the 16v but now the prices have jumped up by around £200 since then.

What insurance companies would you suggest I try other than those mentioned above?

The quotes I am getting are £1150 TPFT which isn't too bad I suppose, but I was hoping to get cheaper as it was cheaper when I bought the car. The thing with insurance at the rate above is that it would mean over 25% of my income was going on car insurance (I'm just a student) and I'm in two minds about it.

Also, when they offer monthly payments what sort of interest is charged over and above that, i.e. how much would I be paying a month for the above quote.

Thanks.

EDIT: I know this has been asked loads before, but from a quick search I couldn't really find any good suggestions other than those I mentioned.

I was payin 1550 on a N Reg Hybrid at 19 valued at 2600

With elephant.co.uk
    that was with no points and 1 yrs no claims

that's the other thing I should say, I've got no no claims bonus. I know the quotes I'm getting are still good, bu I would like to find cheaper somewhere.

I remember hearing in the past that although they are the same company you can play admiral, bell, and elephant off against each other to get some discount from you quote - has anyone tried that and if so how much did you get off?

Forum User

Forum User
    also try looking on clio sport at green light think they had some sort of club discount scheme going on. p.s. we could do with the same thing here. maybe a discount scheme though adrian flux.

green light you must be over 21 iirc.

im with adrian flux - only folk who would insure me...

was 19 when i took out my policy, 1 years ncd, on a 1992 fully declared hybrid, TPFT 1300 quid!

when it was insured thru elephant as a valver for a couple weeks my years quote was 800quid TPFT.

It hurts, but your bound to pay a fair whack until your 21 and got some decent NCD. Hopefully mine will come down in sept when its up for renewal, but with the addition of a cage and polycarbs may bring it up a little more....but then i now have no stereo and nothing to steal inside the car, and soon to be a snap-off steering wheel, so they might be a little happier with that!

Forum User
    try CIS best around

Forum User
    Doesnt seem like a bad price imo.

Fully declared hybrid £590 TPFT. Get in

Forum User
    1200 fully comp @ 18, no ncb, <1yr driving, with norwich union

Re: Valver insurance at 18

Quote Originally Posted by donsrno1
    I'm needing to get the cheapest insurance possible for a valver. I was getting good quotes with elephant, admiral and bell before I bought the 16v but now the prices have jumped up by around £200 since then.

What insurance companies would you suggest I try other than those mentioned above?

The quotes I am getting are £1150 TPFT which isn't too bad I suppose, but I was hoping to get cheaper as it was cheaper when I bought the car. The thing with insurance at the rate above is that it would mean over 25% of my income was going on car insurance (I'm just a student) and I'm in two minds about it.

Also, when they offer monthly payments what sort of interest is charged over and above that, i.e. how much would I be paying a month for the above quote.

Thanks.

EDIT: I know this has been asked loads before, but from a quick search I couldn't really find any good suggestions other than those I mentioned.
    Who is that with?! Cheapest i could find was 1500.