Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by clowo16v
    Ah rite on the one from West Yorkshire they pulled a 19 and my mate who owns a recovery yard picked it up. Nobody claimed for 2 weeks so I got the engine lol.

Matt
    i remember that mate, it was a 19 16 in blue and it was parked up in a pub if memory serves me right?

Damn that's harsh Winston, told you or james about those plates though...

To a traffic cop it just screams "PULL ME".

That's the problem with traders policys, they don't show on the database when a car is PNC'd. You weren't displaying your tax disk either were you?

As gibbo said, strictly speaking everone should be in possession of their Driving licence, MOT and insurance certificates whilst driving. Due to this new legislation i have my licence on me always and doc in both cars...there's actually no real reason why the docs can't be kept in the car. Saves even being given a producer.

Just met a bad cop there dude, he should have at least given you the opertunity to get someone to bring the certificate! Not good PR there.

Paul

Full story peeps

Pulled for no seat belt (oooops ) and for being German lol

Once pulled

no tax disc shown .......Was on my driver seat, after some heavy roundabout action :P, he said £1000 fine

no front number plate shown ....Was waiting for a slap on the rists and i'd put it back on :P looks well badass without it tho lol .....He said £1000

German plates ....didn't under stand euro style ??? lol ....Because my plates have fake tax and insurance discs, He said I was running these to hide the fact i had no tax or insurance and had less chance of getting pulled with them on

They knew i had traders insurance some how ....but he said traders insurance doesn't cover personal cars ....which mine does and if the system was working it would have come up on my car like it has in the past (not that i get pulled alot ;) )

Plates back on the front, fake badges have been removed from plates, D's cover'd with tape and tax disc is now stuck to my window

Oh and im keeping my insurance with me now....even tho the police know all about you and your car .....when the machines work

So £169 later (2 days storage...was not even 24hours and Seat belt fine too) ....Ive learnt **** DA POLICE (well the bad cops...long live cops like gibbo and paul....your the future)

Rant over

Cheers for the advice guys

Winston

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossers
    Damn that's harsh Winston, told you or james about those plates though...

To a traffic cop it just screams "PULL ME".

That's the problem with traders policys, they don't show on the database when a car is PNC'd. You weren't displaying your tax disk either were you?

As gibbo said, strictly speaking everone should be in possession of their Driving licence, MOT and insurance certificates whilst driving. Due to this new legislation i have my licence on me always and doc in both cars...there's actually no real reason why the docs can't be kept in the car. Saves even being given a producer.

Just met a bad cop there dude, he should have at least given you the opertunity to get someone to bring the certificate! Not good PR there.

Paul
    So paul if you keep your docs in your car and you car get nicked or broken into, the perps have you D/L (paper type) and your insurance. If they have half a brain they have the tools to commit fraud, unfortunaly the way the system is at the MO the law does not provide enough protection.

And we both know that the PNC is NOT 100% reliable, they tell you that the first day of PNC training.

I not having a pop mate, i just think there is far too many loop holes and I have worked withing the job industry for 14 years. After Winstons explanation he did deserve a tug, but i think he has learnt!!

Forum User
    Ithink a way ofmaking things easier is to have Spanish style tax discs.. they hold the licence /mot/tax info on them.

I would take my documents out on a nightand if they did get stolen i'd apply for some new ones and then they would be flagged up on pnc/police systems as being stolen.

the best answer is not to attract attention to yourself

I said i keep my licence on ME and the docs in each car...so what if the docs get stolen, fooking useless without a car!!

No ****er could nic me, so they ain't gonna get my licence

Paul