Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Adrian Flux/highway Insurance

Just got a quote through Adrian Flux with a company called Highway, they have quoted me £544 Fully comp for my Williams, this is with exhaust manifold, decat and cat back system declared aswell, which doesn't affect the policy.

I am going to ring back to confirm this. I want it in writing that they will actually cover me with a decat on.

Im with Churchill at the moment who quoted me 550 but dont allow mods because im under 25. This is by far the best quote ive had yet. I've got 5yrs NCB and no convictions.

What do you guys think. Do you think they don't care about decat ? Most insurance companies wont insure it.

No matter which broker I use they always end up insuring me with highway, I've had no problems they will cover virtually any mods.

Re: Adrian Flux/highway Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by summeh
    Just got a quote through Adrian Flux with a company called Highway, they have quoted me £544 Fully comp for my Williams, this is with exhaust manifold, decat and cat back system declared aswell, which doesn't affect the policy.

I am going to ring back to confirm this. I want it in writing that they will actually cover me with a decat on.

Im with Churchill at the moment who quoted me 550 but dont allow mods because im under 25. This is by far the best quote ive had yet. I've got 5yrs NCB and no convictions.

What do you guys think. Do you think they don't care about decat ? Most insurance companies wont insure it.
    Go straight through HIC themselves mate instead. I haven't heard great things about Flux. I can personally attest to the efficiency and friendliness of HIC come claim time though.

Re: Adrian Flux/highway Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    Quote Originally Posted by summeh

Go straight through HIC themselves mate instead. I haven't heard great things about Flux. I can personally attest to the efficiency and friendliness of HIC come claim time though.

Ahhh, I didnt realise they was referred to as HIC!!! Seen posts about them before etc.

Anyways few questions to save me ringing them (will do anyway to confirm), but do they cover all mods and not put the price up? For me they quoted the exhaust can change how I like and won't affect the quote. What other stuff does this apply to do you know? I want to mod the bollocks off my willy

Also do you have a website/number for HIC directly so I can get a quote?

Just forgot. HIC aren't Highway but do Highway policies. But they are really good. My policy included mods and also, they didn't tell me but it said on the policy, trackdays!

01279 506090

Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    Just forgot. HIC aren't Highway but do Highway policies. But they are really good. My policy included mods and also, they didn't tell me but it said on the policy, trackdays!

01279 506090
    What mods have you declared? Do you need to declare them?

Also, is your's a Highway policy? (are highway the underwritters of your insurance)

Mods I had to list were non standard alloys, IK and exhaust.

I'm not with them anymore but that's only because I needed business cover and after the accident I lost 2yrs NCB (which I should now get back) and had to go elsewhere. Highway only do a basic business cover y'see.

Highway were the underwriters yes. I'd go back in a flash if I left this company or didn't need business cover anymore.

Forum User
    HIC is Herts Insurance Co, so they're a broker but they use Highway as an Underwriter. Highway WILL NOT deal direct with the public, even if you already have a policy with them, so you have to go through a broker, Adrian Flux and HIC are the main ones.

Im with Highway through HIC, and have all my mods decleared on my 19, except the Nos, but including the decat, they seem to cover everything i've ever asked to be covered except Nos, and never charge much extra. In fact, i upped my agreed valuation by over £2k with new mods, and premium didn't rise a penny

I'd say that as a broker, Adrian Flux are much better to deal with than HIC though, just HIC seem to charge less brokerage on Highway policies

I've never heard good reports come claim time though from Flux.