Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    I would definately be up for one of these kits...
    How would i pay for them etc?
    I can use the current uprated discs i have on at the moment, just the same size as standard but drilled/groved.
    I have a Willy 3.
    If you could let me know would be much appreciated.

Payment method at the moment is limited to cash, cheque or bank transfer. We will not be taking credit/debit cards until much later in the year.

As for discs , we DO NOT recommend using drilled and/or grooved discs , but recommend sticking to good quality standard vented discs, but if they are already fitted then by all means use them until they go. This is something I have learnt at GREAT expense over the years . At one point I went through 17 sets of front discs in under a year doing trackdays and at least double the amount of pads before arriving at this set-up.

The main advantage of this set-up is how well the discs and pads last , simply due to the lack of heat soaking around the calipers and being fed back into the system. Even using the very aggressive Poly A pads .

One thing to note however , that neither of these pads are low dust , and if you use the Poly A pads on track then we recommend using a spare set of wheels as the deposits will damage the finish on your alloy wheels. But then IMO there is simply no such thing as an effective heavy duty pad that does not develop more dust than standard pads.

Banned

Haha,

There goes your nice shiney new wheels Stromba!

Mat.

Banned
    Nahh standards for me pal. One of us has got to keep the flag flying for Frank.

I dont think its a major problem as people who opt for the Poly A pad (like me) usually have spare sets of wheels for track use anyway . I just like people to know beforehand. I usually use the Poly E for road and rallying and swap to the Poly A's when changing wheels before going on track. The other beauty of these calipers is it literally takes 1 min each caliper to change pads once the wheels are off.

The problem(if you can call it that) with the Poly A pads is that they never,ever fade so you just keep stamping on the brakes lap after lap without thinking about them . They are designed for endurance racing after all. Their is also another higher temp pad than the Poly A , but as I have never managed to make theses fade at all, I am 100% confident that no-one else will.

Forum User
    sounds good!

dynalite II's on the banana btw!

martin did ubleed the brakes mate??

Was supposed to be done a week or so ago but apparantly the bleed valve on one of the rear calipers is snapped off ....gonna get it sorted when I get round to it....

Absolute pain when that happens. Turns a 1/2hr job into potentially a few hour job.

Forum User
    didnt see this, ive experienced the very simular kit on now martins banana and they do feel alot better then std set up