PDA

View Full Version : clio vs golf gti

Gav
22-03-2006, 00:15
http://perso.wanadoo.es/policevinyl/Sign%201982%20VW%20Golf%20GTI%20Mk1a.jpg

Was traveling to my mates house after work to drop him off. Come out of his street, volvo behind me, no problem, will keep the valver steady. Look again ^^^ that was staring straight at me, look at my oil, good pressure, looked at my engine temp, was good to go incase i needed to. Always wanted to race a GTI see what they would be like. So, there was no roads around me good enuf for a race, so i was a bit gutted cuz i thought he would give up and leave, but i decided to make myway to the duel carrigeway anyway see what would happen, and yes, he was up my arse all the way, i was lovin it, so get to junction, next turning is the d/c...lights are red, i indicate to go down the slip road
THANK YOU GOD - SO DID HE!

Green - and were off....7k - 2nd gear, he was still behind me by about a cars length, 7k 3rd d/c is empty get onto it no probs, keep it in 3rd, he starts crawling beind me closer, 7k 4th next thing i know i look in my mirror and he is about 1.5 cars lengths behind me, adrenaline was awsome, 7k 5th look again and he is slowley getting smaller and smaller in my mirror, come to the end of the d/c hit the roundabout, i indicate to go round it as i got to go back up the d/c to go home,
THANK YOU GO - SO DID HE!

Green - off again, Clio hadled brilliantly round the roundabout, join the d/c again 7k 3rd and look in my mirror and he is just a dot, put it in 5th slow down to 70mph look in my mirror, mofo is gaining again, goes past me giving me the finger, you little prick,
3rd....gone, get up his arse, he moves over cuz im almost touchin his bumper, 4th and im gone again, 120mph then comes the slip road, lights r red, i stop, he pulls up next to me, my hands r shaking, look at him and he is fuming, i didnt wanna race again cuz we were off the d/c now, and he just pulls away nice n slow, i flash my lights at the german knob and go home

Clio 1 - Golf 0

love it
:D

andybtsn
22-03-2006, 00:26
German knob?

It's complete different scene here for me, I have always been a VW boy really, and VW scene tend to respect cars a bit more than this site does. Anyone in the know how would appreciate the Mk1 Golf to be an awesome little car which is over 20 years old.

Maybe I have to get used to all "this" here.

Gav
22-03-2006, 00:27
lol no mate Golf Gti's are awesom cars i love them

i was calling the driver a german knob cuz he gave me the finger :D

calm down kidda

andybtsn
22-03-2006, 00:29
Oh right, sorry mate.

Didn't read that bit...!

Gav
22-03-2006, 00:33
lol no worries mate

i have no probs with the golf gti...i was glad for 2 reasons why i was beating it

1 cuz it means my car is faster or im a better driver
2 cuz everytme i looked in my mirror i had a stunning car lookin back at me :D

in a perfect world where i had my dream garage the Golf GTI would be in there :D

Purple
22-03-2006, 01:22
Think he must have done something to the engine. He seemed able to keep up with you on acceleration. IMHO, the GTIs are great cars but, in standard trim, they are not on par with newer hot-hatches' performance. It is a 25 year old classic car, afterall. And he should have known better than to display his own finger of ignorance :D

seanofnp
22-03-2006, 07:52
****ing hate these wankers who basically ask for a race then when they loose get a pissy and stick their fingers up n shit... if i ask for a race and i get owned i wave my thumb as a show of good sport... :)

Zollo
22-03-2006, 09:56
I've never had anyone give me abuse after a doo. Usually they just ignore me, and sometimes give a nod.

Anyway, I agree with Purplesun - that sounds like a fast Mk1 8)

Gav
22-03-2006, 10:10
either that or im still not up to par on my driving skillz just yet :D

Chris n`nic
22-03-2006, 10:37
When Matt (Black) bought a std Scirocco storm you wouldn`t belive how quick it was....really surprising tbh..I reckon the golf wouldn`t have been overly modded imo

Chris

Purple
22-03-2006, 10:46
either that or im still not up to par on my driving skillz just yet :D
Sounds like you were caning the Clio proper, alright. I am sure he has something fancy under the hood. Not a VW GTI fan myself, but I believe their engine mods can get pretty crazy. I am sure someone here must have first-hand experience with VW GTI tuning.

Zollo
22-03-2006, 10:46
When Matt (Black) bought a std Scirocco storm you wouldn`t belive how quick it was....really surprising tbh..I reckon the golf wouldn`t have been overly modded imo

Chris

Yeah, those Sciroccos can be bloody quick. But they have the 139bhp 1.8 16v lump in them though, so will be quite a bit quicker than a Mk1 8v.

andybtsn
22-03-2006, 10:57
Not much engine tuning you can do to the 8v and 16v MK1's.

Unless it has a 1.8T lump, or G60 lump. Also VR6 but there not too common.

G60 is quite a common conversion and obviously in a car that light, they will be extremly quick.

Gav
22-03-2006, 11:13
nah this wasnt exremely quick, he never once pulled along side me until i slowed down cuz i thought he gave up...

dunno, maybe he was a little further back, but i wouldnt say i wiped the floor with him. i beat his easy but he didnt just fade away into the distance 8)

Lunner
22-03-2006, 12:16
Had a do with a mk4 GTI, caned his ass with a mate in teh car, and fully loaded up with 4 wheels and tyres and loads of tools/spares

GTI-Russ
22-03-2006, 15:20
agreed, mk4 are pants

andybtsn
22-03-2006, 15:21
Yep, Mk4's are awful but to have alot of tuning potential, just shame the Golf's are such lardy, heavy bastard of a car.

It's a decent engine.

Andyvalver
22-03-2006, 18:07
Good going mate 8) Imo the mk1 gti's are the fastest of the breed, apart form the vr6 and r32 like

bigjim
22-03-2006, 19:38
my mates just about finished putting a rebuilt 2 litre 16v lump into his mk1 golf gti, its a real minter, should fly when its finished.

Mattie
22-03-2006, 19:44
Had a do with a mk4 GTI, caned his ass with a mate in teh car, and fully loaded up with 4 wheels and tyres and loads of tools/spares

i often drive with 4 wheels and tires 2 tom!

:P