PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else hate it when...

Tommo
16-03-2006, 17:14
...the engine is cold and you get c*cks trying to race you. Just taken my williams for a spin as it hasn't been used all week and at the lights had a chavy corsa full of kids revving and staring over at me. Lights changed and he fooked off while I had to change gear at 3k revs, he probably thought he beat me, was itching to cain his ass...... :evil:

Gav
16-03-2006, 17:19
i used to rag the bollox of my engine as soon as i got in the car
even in the winter

hence: recent engine rebuild :oops: :lol:

Martin
16-03-2006, 17:29
i used to rag the bollox of my engine as soon as i got in the car
even in the winter

hence: recent engine rebuild :oops: :lol:

[-X

Gav
16-03-2006, 18:04
:cry: i know i know

learn from your mistakes

clowo16v
16-03-2006, 18:15
Thing is though when your car has done 100000 miles and has had a few owners I can't see it making much difference, as I can't see every previous owner warming it up before they ragged it.

See ya

Matt

Martin
16-03-2006, 18:17
So let me guess..you rag the shit out of yours lol Lets face it.....it's not gonna extend the life/performance of the engine..

Coops
16-03-2006, 18:20
u gotta treat it with love mate! that engine does u proud so treat her better than ur missus!

besides, pulls so much sweeter when its warm! :wink:

clowo16v
16-03-2006, 18:20
Only for the last week or so seen as the engines getting swapped anyway lol. Used to warm it up every time I drove it.

See ya

Matt

Zollo
16-03-2006, 18:26
My mate used to thrash his E46 M3 from cold all the time. The last time he did it, it threw a rod through the block, chucked oil all over the exhaust manifolds, along with a few sparks and...one burnt-to-a-crisp and written-off M3.

Saying it's pointless not thrashing it 'cos previous owners have is about as logical as saying you may as well carry on smoking because you've done it this far!

Tommo
16-03-2006, 18:39
Engines are at their most vulnerable when cold, I don't take it over 3k revs until oil is fully warmed up, maybe it's just me being petty but I plan on keeping the engine for the life of the car...

Tommo
16-03-2006, 18:40
u gotta treat it with love mate! that engine does u proud so treat her better than ur missus!

Ha I get that off my missus all the time, thinks I give the car more TLC than her....lol

Lunner
16-03-2006, 19:01

Ha I get that off my missus all the time, thinks I give the car more TLC than her....lol

The last one i got was "you can skive a day off uni for your car, but not for me"....woops!