PDA

View Full Version : Clio vs Chinese and Asians

clowo16v
09-03-2006, 13:09
Not a race or anything racist :lol:

Was driving down Newsome Hill in Huddersfield yesterday and there was traffic I ahead so I booted it in 1st and a bit of 2nd then just left it on the over run in 2nd. I could hear it popping and banging but just as I went past a Chinese fella and his bird and a group of Asians it decided to spit the biggest flame out i've ever seen and an accompying bang like a shotgun. I've honestly never seen so many people dive to the ground behind some parked cars it was the funniest thing i've seen for at least 4 days.

See ya

Matt

J o n
09-03-2006, 13:14
biggest flame 'you' have ever seen? were you driving from the sidewalk? :lol:

Daz.
09-03-2006, 13:24
biggest flame 'you' have ever seen? were you driving from the sidewalk? :lol:

Nooo he's got that new paint - the see through stuff :wink:

J o n
09-03-2006, 13:31
aaah, james bond invisible paint... yeah, Gaz and Andy painted their Williams that colour I heard... thought there would be a good reason we never see em :wink: :lol:

GazTwo
09-03-2006, 13:43
aaah, james bond invisible paint... yeah, Gaz and Andy painted their Williams that colour I heard... thought there would be a good reason we never see em :wink: :lol:

Nah we don't do paint.... :wink: ...original all the way.... :lol:

We don't use them so u don't feel so bad that ours work.... :shock:

2 live
09-03-2006, 13:48
lol...think thats wot the fault with urs must be.......u come over here..go out in mine....and jus know that urs int rite.....u comparin it to mine.....big mistake hehe

J o n
09-03-2006, 13:58
nah, think it's just mine that brakes... it's been no where near as bad recently apart from the brakes, but I cant be arsed with it now, the love is lost (so no convincing me to keep it this time i'm affraid). 2 live, by the time mine's as reliable as yours i'll be dead the way I see it or filing for bankruptcy... not fussed now, M3 is better in practically every sense imo... it's only the handling i'll miss, but it will balance out for those fast sweeping bends perfect for RWD.

Zollo
09-03-2006, 14:03
Jesus, you were saying the very same thing when I came on here about a year ago...the love is lost...no convincing me otherwise...etc. You love it!

If you get a 3.0 litre M3, those fast sweeping bends are actually its weakness compared with the Evo :P :wink:

J o n
09-03-2006, 15:14
yeah true, this time it is goign though, I actually don't give a **** about the car anymore, dont enjoy driving or being in it... that's the big difference now...

M3 Evo and non Evo dunt seem to be much difference, my mates had a fair few non Evo's and a couple of Evo's and he says the non Evo is a better owning prospect, not really any slower (lot lighter, better gearing) and imuch more reliable not having twin vanos and the weak 6 speed unit... however I'm quite keen on a 3.2 Evo SMG at the moment... think that's the one I'll go for, but only if it still has the warranty... anyway, it wont matter what's better on the bends, they are that much faster on the straights it MORE than makes up for the handling :twisted:

Zollo
09-03-2006, 15:28
With your car reputation, a more reliable 3.0 is probably the better bet :lol:

Apparently the Evo's dampers and springs and revised steering make it more stable and planted than the 3.0. Personally I'd go for a manual Evo. SMG is gay. Plus there have been a few problems with the old SMG boxes too....

J o n
09-03-2006, 15:56
my rep!? it's not ****ing me, it's that car!!! I've never had problems with my previous cars compared to this... last car was a dream to own!

Only thing that worries me about the Evo is the fragile 6 speed box' and the vanos... I would prefer one though... oh, they also weigh about 100kg's more :shock: :?

clowo16v
09-03-2006, 15:59
It was dark I could see the light from it thru the back window lol

J o n
09-03-2006, 16:02
we need a flame thread... could do with someone getting some vids of mine and 2 live, apparently the flames on mine are fookin massive and the ones on his ARE fookin massive lol

2 live
10-03-2006, 09:17
well the 1 u spat the other day was huge lol........

still never fukkin seen mine tho lol.

J o n
10-03-2006, 09:44
ditto... I can see a car swapping moment coming up... I really wanna see how much mine flames!

oh, Jon, I'm in work all day today mate, cant get out early unfortunately and check your PM's too... need help... lol