PDA

View Full Version : 238bhp Ibiza Cupra Vs "The 2 in front"

J o n
03-03-2006, 10:25
well, one of my mates is into crusing (well, turning up and taking the piss out of the mutants...) so decided after last time I'll go along again as it was a laugh... but mainly I just wanted another go against his Cupra now that the brakes are not seizing on (well, started to again, but that seems to have stopped now :roll: ).

First run we get and off onto the Mway slip road and he's in front as I had no idea where I was off... I kept up easily... not really a good or direct comparison...

Next run, set of lights, him in front as the other lane was blocked... off he goes... I'm backing off in 1st... not quite full throttle in 2nd and backing off in 3rd again, then change to 4th with lost momentum and he pulls 2 cars immediately... gap stayed after that...

Get to the cruise and find out he was using his 50 shot of NOS as well!!! Was well pleased, did better than a few weeks ago and he had his NOS working this time! :D

Coops
03-03-2006, 10:42
sounds like the lardy modern car loses again!! it need a crash course at martins diet school!effort matey! 8)

2 live
03-03-2006, 10:55
lol..cool

so the brakes not stickin now?

J o n
03-03-2006, 12:25
only seem to do it for the 1st 5 mins in the cold, but nothing like what it used be. it's making that humming noise in reverse when started and driven 1st thing... might be the cold like you said, but I tend to pannick in these situations, as thats the noise it made before and ended costing a fortune... lol

but they worked well last night, had an incident with a chav running out into the middle of the road whilst pressing on, good job I spotted the other drivers in front absolutely slam on...

FlamingMonkey
03-03-2006, 12:27
My rear brakes are spot on after Jordy fettled them for MOT, used some stuff to work the calipers or summat

J o n
03-03-2006, 12:34
the brakes themselves work really well, just feeling them locking on a bit the other day coming to a stop, and in the morning reversing... **** it though... think a bit more magic dust and they'll be rate.

wavy
03-03-2006, 12:45
sounds like u been havin some fun :D

f**k it though... think a bit more magic dust and they'll be rate good news :)