PDA

View Full Version : Me Vs Glanza/Starlet thingy...

J o n
01-03-2006, 09:21
saw him near the local runway and he gave it some flames when I was pulling past in traffic, so thought may as well have a quick play... feck knows what it was, but by the way I left it (ie, coming off an RA I immediately pulled away) I think it must have been the non turbo... sounded raspy for the brief second he was ahead though...

after battering him completely I pulled in and he went booting it past :roll: fair enough, I'll let him have a head start... reeled again and i'm sat behind at a safe distance throttling and backing off and I can see him flashing the car ni front of him to move over. he goes past the car at full pelt and pulls into the other lane, I immediately pull along side and proceed to pull away at a fair old rate... must have been about 2-3 cars per gear... deffo cant have been a turbo, but was well impressed with the pop and flame

northy
01-03-2006, 09:29
good lad

this is like gee's motor from donnington jesus ???

J o n
01-03-2006, 09:32
yeah, but had some different wheels and it was silver/grey... looked like a non UK car, it had the square number plate and bumper cut out...

kj16v
01-03-2006, 14:01
Maybe he forgot to take it out of 'low boost' mode :)

Andyvalver
01-03-2006, 14:07
They do a 1.3 non turbo dont they?

J o n
01-03-2006, 14:09
no idea mate, don't know anything about them, it just looked similar to Gee's, but was grey and had different wheels and zorst (which flamed a bit, looked cool). main difference between this and Gee's was performance, Gee's is rapid, this thing blew chunks

Plattsy
03-03-2006, 14:33
it would have been the 1.3 16v non turbo model, nippy for 1.3s though

Justin..
03-03-2006, 18:33
probably an SR same engine but no turbo lol

my mate has a Glanza V and its a bit faster than my valver lol.

GeeUK
05-03-2006, 11:11
Hi guys.

There are a few Starlet SR's, 1.3 non turbo's running around with Glanza bodykits unfortunately. My model Is the Glanza V.

Ive managed to bag a Apexi Power FC and on the look out for another turbo, so once on and RR tuned I'll be giving ya's a call for comparisons.