PDA

View Full Version : hybrid v mates 172 mk2 finally

JayR
29-01-2006, 21:16
Finally got him. Lol

Hes had it a few months now and iv been sayin we should meet up for a battle but not much has been said. Anyways see him out and stopped for a chat and he started braggin about beatin a beemer 330 and i was like oh yer, alright, every car i said id done well against hed done better!!! Lol So i say to him right you up for a rally down our dual then mate!? and he cokerly replied sure James!!!Lol

From second on the power upto *00ish I let him go off first so i was behind him, by the end of second id nose dived infront of him, 3rd and 4th stayed pretty much the same give or take a few cm's........When we parked up he started givin me baffle that he was only takin it to 7k and it revs to 7.2 :roll: as to which i replied i didnt hit the red once either, he then said i dont really think i did too badly considering your is a 2.0 willy engine as to which i replied youve got 2 litres aswell and 172 horses!!!Lol

Classic...He had no where to go!!!

And to think i wanna flog mine for a 172 :shock: Certainly wont be for more performance :wink:

Andyvalver
29-01-2006, 21:29
Good man lol. Dont do a waitey and turn to the dark side :wink:

Chris n`nic
29-01-2006, 22:36
If you`re going to turn to the 'dark side' make sure you get a Cup m8...you won`t look back...apart from looking at your old car in your new mirror! :wink:

Chris

2 live
29-01-2006, 23:17
*cough* hmmmm

like chris says.if u gettin a new shape clio..get a cup....but that wont be for the speed either.. :wink:

and the only time ul see ur old car in ur rear view mirror....is if u trade it in, n u take ur last look back.........while its parked up lol

JayR
30-01-2006, 09:26
Lol im not really doing it for speed reasons, just for better reliability (did i say reliability!? Lol) and the fact of having a newer car with a few extras and no one can doubt the 172's are comfortable cars.

Dont get me wrong iv had the car for nearly 2 years now and have only had the 2.0 in and 15's on since summer and iv never ever got bored with it, its been a top car but i think its time for change!!!

lagerlout1
30-01-2006, 15:50
If anything he' changing a little late @ 7000rpm.... I usually change just below - assuming his car is standard.

JayR
30-01-2006, 17:08
Yes totally standard......He seemed to think he had more go at 7k!!! :?

J o n
30-01-2006, 18:31
If you`re going to turn to the 'dark side' make sure you get a Cup m8...you won`t look back...apart from looking at your old car in your new mirror! :wink:

Chris

yup, Cuppy is the only one to have really.

oh and trophy's too, i like them

bigjim
30-01-2006, 21:35
i had a cup, very fast car, had magnex and panel itg filter and lowered suspension. would deffo get another one.

JayR
30-01-2006, 21:50
I rekon i will go for a cup if i do change......Gotta sell mine before though which is proving abit hard at the mo!!! :(

Waitey
02-02-2006, 23:27
Lol im not really doing it for speed reasons, just for better reliability (did i say reliability!? Lol) and the fact of having a newer car with a few extras and no one can doubt the 172's are comfortable cars.

Dont get me wrong iv had the car for nearly 2 years now and have only had the 2.0 in and 15's on since summer and iv never ever got bored with it, its been a top car but i think its time for change!!!

All i can say mate is that i've had my 172 2 weeks and have broke 2 of the engine mounts