PDA

View Full Version : MR2 vs Williams Clio

GeeUK
20-01-2006, 21:25
Nothing to do with me, taken from www.imoc.co.uk
--------------------------------------------------------------

Just glancing through this section when I remembered a little tale, in fact my first tale of triumph in my '2...

Only had the car for about a month when myself and the girlfriend decided to go for a weekend away. went on the new-ish! M6 toll.

A Williams Clio was approaching me as I was overtaking, at 70. A toll was ahead and I noticed the 'very handsome young man', clearly making a comment about the silly red car in front, to his 'blonde bird'.

As I pulled over, after overtaking, the road widened somewhat to allow to the tolls. I was very scared, as I could hear his tremendouly powerful car throbbing as he depressed the accelerator in the toll next to me. My girlfriend was laughing and politely asked her to hold onto the brace handle on the window pillar...(now at this point, having only had the car a month, knowing it wasn't at its best - it desperately needed a full service - plus not wanting to thrash a new car - having just come from a 1.6 fiesta Si - I wasn't very sure what to expect!)....the young gun blasted out of the tolls, myself in 1st gear, I looked over to see his 'bird' looking back, smug smile on her face, as her young stallion, sitting on a 'chav tilt' (one hand on the steering wheel, other on the gearstick), gunned his beast. My stomach turning. I noticed he had kindly placed the shopping list of what magical items adorned his car to make it more appealing to the 'birds' and noisier for the neighbourhood. before I allowed the turbo to spool, i changed to 2nd gear, still level pegging, still glancing over the the stud and his 'bird'. I had time to appreciate the weave in his burberry jumper, before he glanced over at me, his face all lit up, it was that point that I knew what was coming. I could feel a small whining in my ears that got gradually louder and louder, the butterflies in my stomach had now turned to ballbearings, hitting my insides. It had begun. The boost was increasing all the time. Now at full boost. Glancing over again, the smile had now gone form both their faces. As I moved up through the gears, the car pulled away until the motorway lanes were back in place and he was behind me. I let out a cry of joy. It was the first time I'd ever done anything like that.
After about a mile or so, at 70mph, the clio began to overtake. I felt a million dollars. He slowly overtook. Waiting for a barrage of hand signals, I prepared my girlfriend not to react. As the Clio passed, both occupants looked over and smiled. The lad gave me a thumbs up and smiled. I waved over and we both carried on our journeys.

My first ever experience of such a thing. Loved it.

Zollo
20-01-2006, 21:33
By the way he wrote that, I'm surprised it wasn't his boyfriend sat next to him :shock:

Martin
20-01-2006, 21:38
bit of dramatic licence there...and a chavved williams? :?

richy
20-01-2006, 21:38
pmsl!

Gav
20-01-2006, 21:48
that cant be true, i beat my mates 1.8 mr2!

Martin
20-01-2006, 21:51
The turbo spooling might give you a clue and there is no 1.8 mr2....IIRC

mk1 were 1.6 and mk2s were 2.0?

Gav
20-01-2006, 21:52
nah the new model shape....my mates is a 1.8

i sure....hang on.......

yep - 1.8

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/specs/data.aspx?model_id=944&id=18748

Martin
20-01-2006, 21:53
Ahh yes almost forgot about the new un's don't like them at all...

Gav
20-01-2006, 21:54
nah there horrid things...real hairdressers! :?

Zollo
20-01-2006, 22:01
MR2 Roadsters are supposed to be very good cars though. Toyota went out of their way to make them as light as reasonably possible too. 950kilos or something?

Unfortunate image, but then look what we're driving :P

Andyvalver
21-01-2006, 16:11
I had a crack at a roadster a while ago. It was quick off the mark but once we got rolling i was ever so slightly pushing him along between 70-115 ish. Pretty quick but look ****in gay.

Jamie.
21-01-2006, 16:15
i wouldnt give those new mr2's the satisfaction of attempting to race me. they are a foul looking car tbf. but the older 2.0 turbos look nice but i cant imagine they handle too well

Tommo
23-01-2006, 11:32
If it was a Mk2 2.0 turbo then it would sh*t all over a Williams, they are seriously quick cars (in a straight line). Non turb ones aren't all that fast, I had a couple of doos with my house mates old Mk2 2.0 GTI and the Williams was a lot faster! I also drove it a few times and wasn't impressed, just seemed to be no kick at all and the power was totally flat through out the whole rev range. Handled crap too! Don't know about the Mk3 one haven't driven or raced one yet!

J o n
23-01-2006, 12:48
**** me, man thinks he's JR Hartley... what a tool

that was as depressing to read as an Emily Bronte novel, I felt like slashing up...

do people really look over like that, adorning burberry and all typical chav associated gear and act up? i think this is what actually happened...

Once upon a time...

Just glancing through this section when I remembered a little tale, in fact my first tale of triumph in my '2...

One had only had the car a month or so when one decided to take the mistress for a weekend away in Blackpool, but for a unknown reason decided to take the M6 toll... I know, bizarre, it's not even the right way...

The sun was shining and the birds were singing as I moved my muscular frame and leaned over into the leather trimmed glove box and reached for the Rick Astley greatest hits tape that he had signed for me at an invetment bankers meeting in Skegness. As i did so I heard the god awful sound of lower class. I then see this blue monstrosity with the driver from some lower echelon council type estate... I didn't really know if he wanted to race me or rape my dog and burn my house down as I have seen documentary's on 'their' sorts.

He then overtook me, but as everyone knows, the MR2 is a classy car seen to rival tacky Italian trash like Ferrari's. I sat there smugly in 'the BA executive lounge' as I waited for my flight to Ibiza.

My first ever experience of such a thing. Loved it.

I wish I owned an MR2, what a classy mans car

Fabia vRS
23-01-2006, 16:02
That was very funny !

Dno194
26-01-2006, 15:19
Jesus, that put a smile on my face. Still grinning now... :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
26-01-2006, 15:35
Well, I get to have a go against a mk1 this w/e.

But, am I the only one to spot that it takes a mile for them to both hit 70? :?

smokey
27-01-2006, 13:07
If it was a Mk2 2.0 turbo then it would sh*t all over a Williams, they are seriously quick cars (in a straight line). Non turb ones aren't all that fast, I had a couple of doos with my house mates old Mk2 2.0 GTI and the Williams was a lot faster! I also drove it a few times and wasn't impressed, just seemed to be no kick at all and the power was totally flat through out the whole rev range. Handled crap too! Don't know about the Mk3 one haven't driven or raced one yet!

Yep, Matt's Mk2 MR2 Turbo has got 280BHP and is ****ing quick