PDA

View Full Version : Me Vs Police

GeeUK
20-01-2006, 17:50
Basically, set of a bit fast at some lights to get in front of some cars, guy in a BMW must of seen this as I saw him in my rear view come right up my ass further up the road, so I thought, Im not aving that!

40mph road, got past a speed camera then floored it! Left this beamer for dust.

Got to the next set of traffic lights and the beamer pulled up beside me, but I didnt look other, he then followed me instead of turning right.

Well, he followed me to another set of lights and pulled beside me again and asked me to wind down my window and then said while producing ID

"West Yorkshire Police. When did that road turn in to a 60 after the speed camera?"

Me: "It didnt"

Copper: "Keep that in mind next time"

Me: "OK cya!"

Bastard, must of been off duty!

Anyway, if he wanted to do me could he? Or does he not have any proof?

Martin
20-01-2006, 17:52
can't do shit off duty I believe..lol

GeeUK
20-01-2006, 17:53
He did have ID thou, maybe he carries it around?

Wasnt an undercover/CID car or anything, or he would of put the sirens on.

Martin
20-01-2006, 17:55
All police have to carry their warrant card around with them IIRC I had similar happen to me ages back got pulled by an off duty copper after nearly meeting an artic head on..nowt ever happened.

GeeUK
20-01-2006, 18:07
Cool, lets hope he doesnt report me!

Lunner
20-01-2006, 18:25
They can't do shit unless they have it on camera anyways, if it wasn't a cop car then teh speedo woudln'y ahve been calibrated, and anyways its his word against yours

Same as when i got pulled and i was going that fast lol, and then turned off he was behind me doing that speed for seconds and didn't have **** all proof, he basically said in not so many words i know you were going way to fdast but i didn't catch it so tehre is **** all i can do

Daz.
20-01-2006, 18:28
Doubt you'd get reported..

I once was showing off to a mate when I first got the car - hacking round bends etc.. got to to my road and its a really tight left hander an honest 30 max - not me! lol spun right into myself it was well wierd I was looking for the exit of the corner facing the entrance!

Noticed this guy who was running on the road side just before I took the corner, he comes belting up to me at the same time as I was apologising to the bus driver who I nearly just hit (he was pretending to write my number plate down - while shaking his head furiously! :oops: )..

Anyway I got a tap on the window and he shows me this id - f00k!

"If I was on duty son I'd arrest you for dangerous driving right now.... Idiot!"

Then he ran off :oops: :oops:

Never been so embarrassed in my life!

Never drove like that again - I driver properly now.

Proper 'Ard 8)

GeeUK
20-01-2006, 18:34
lol !

I'll only drive fast next time I see a Willy up my ass.

(Williams Clio that is!)

VIPERONE
20-01-2006, 20:17
lol

if someone flashed a card at me / made a gesture to wind window down/or flashed headlights, i wouldnt wind my window down or stop, i would report him for impersonating a police officer.

road traffic act: a constable in uniform.........etc

out of uniform, unmarked car with blue lights in + warrant card.

GeeUK
20-01-2006, 21:07
He flashed ID after winding my window down.

Thought he wanted to commet on how fast my car was :wink:

stew
21-01-2006, 16:35
IIRC in scotland they can old do something when there is two of them there!