PDA

View Full Version : williams Vs BMW m3 convertible

Mattie
12-01-2006, 15:05
he over tuk me and cut me up 4 no reason! we were on a DC just cumin up 2 an round about so i booted it on the exit in 3rd gear he and he was up 4 it, started slowly pulin away on me, pulld about 2cars max then we got 2 a bend and i caught him abit......

bk on2 the straight and we both got stuck behind 2 slower moving cars, 1 moved out my way so i went 4 it, he followd suit, reached another round about and i left him i gained about 4 cars length as i exited the round about, but he soon pulled around a cars length, saw the trafic lights so slowed down abit and so did he at which we both gave up lol

not sure how much he was pushin, did seem quite abit, im thinkin he wuda eventualy left me if it wasnt 4 the slow cars in the way?

BMW quote 0-62 time is 5.5secs

J o n
12-01-2006, 15:16
it's hard to tell these days how fast cars really are, as if you get the power down first and can put more of it down due to traction or easier throttle control then you can make it apear as if your keeping up and pasting them in some situations. I know that M3's need a very very careful throttle control in the wet, non Evo model especially as the LSD tends to cause a few probs in the wet apparently. Basically they cant put the power down until 3rd gear. In the dry I'd imagine it to be a different story, you'd probably be going into the RA's and corners faster, but the balance on the mid-high speed corners on these cars are frightning, as is the amount of grip and acceleration. The Evo models in gear are faster than Scooby STi RA's, which are short geared and basically rapid.

Mattie
12-01-2006, 19:09
on the striaght this car is fast!.....he gained on me quite easily after a short amount of time which must have been as he got in2 3rd gear!

Rott
25-02-2006, 01:55
BMW quote 0-62 time is 5.5secs

I'd say thats a conservative estimate, i used to do 12-13 sec 1/4s all day in my E36 Evo, more like 4-4.5, that was with 265 tyres on the back right enough and an UBER AP racing clutch, raced Scoobs and Evos all day long rarely were they fit for it, too much transmission losses higher up the gears where as the M3 would quite happily drag u up tp 175mph if ya let it, mind u i was told my one was a very fit example?!

Handling was spot on too, feather light touch needed for throttle, and i ended up throwing some big six pot AP's on there to, big car to be stopping, was often out braked by 16 wheel Scanias, :roll:

richy
25-02-2006, 14:29
lol i want a m3 evo coupe tho, love them cars! :)