PDA

View Full Version : Misfire? Other Problem?

Swervin_Mervin
22-11-2005, 20:33
First off, how do you tell if your car is mis-firing? I unplugged one lead and it didn't seem any lumpier at idle than normal. :? I don't think it is mis-firing as it seems to have plenty of go.

Also, the car is burble/popping a lot when you go to accelerate from a stop. Seems to be doing it at idle as well, up to about 2k rpm. Never used to do this before it went in the garage, but is it anything to worry about or is it a sign that something's amiss?

Also can the wiring to the injectors be replaced easily? the wiring just about one of them is a bit fooked and I was told that's why it had een mis-firing at the garage.

Also (last problem, honest) it now revs easily to just over 7k (I'd guessabout 7200) but it never used to. Me and Kirmanator could never understand why but it always seemed to max out at 6900. :?

Any clues anyone?

Lunner
22-11-2005, 21:02
When it mis-fires you can feel it almost hesitate when you are going along, or the idle will be all lumpy, AFAIk its not usually just one cylinder all the time.

If you just unplug one lead it won't idle lumpy, it will just only have 3/4 of the power it normally has.

A mis-fire is occasally not firing, not not firing all teh time

Swervin_Mervin
23-11-2005, 12:19
So do you reckon mine is misfiring? It's lumpy as fook up to about 2k, and pops/burbles when changing gear and accelerating from low revs. It seems to pull well enough though.

Lunner
23-11-2005, 21:28
From my very limited experience i woudl guess at over fueling

Swervin_Mervin
23-11-2005, 21:45
The noise it makes isn't so much a pop/burble as a brrrrrrrr (as that would sound if you drilled your r's) :?

Also, why would my rev limit seem to have raised from 69 to 72?

2 live
24-11-2005, 10:36
u ad it cammed an mapped slyly???

lol

Swervin_Mervin
24-11-2005, 10:53
PMSL! :P

Could do with one of you NW bods taking a look/listen and see what you think. It's more specifically at about 1250rpm as you feed the clutch in. Also when you press the loud pedal after changing gear. And it's crackling like fook at all revs! :shock: