PDA

View Full Version : Williams 3 for Sale - £10,000

Smokey McPot
30-08-2016, 11:56
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/clio/1995-renault-clio-williams-3-petrol-manual/5712303?v=c

ianbirch
30-08-2016, 13:41
Nearly 11K... this ones been hanging around for a little while now... not to sure why.

Cheers Ian

theweekendhaslanded
30-08-2016, 19:51
A few years ago I remember a low mileage W3 being for sale for ages. Back then it was 5 or 6 grand. It always had the plates hidden in all photos. I'm sure it's the same car. There must be a reason why it's not sold.

hny
12-09-2016, 21:10
A few years ago I remember a low mileage W3 being for sale for ages. Back then it was 5 or 6 grand. It always had the plates hidden in all photos. I'm sure it's the same car. There must be a reason why it's not sold.

its a lot of money for a twenty odd year old car none the less . and there doesn't seem to be that many people buying them at the moment .

PhilW
12-09-2016, 21:49
Just look at image number 4, that sill looks rotton to me, it may just be a poor image but I dont think so.
The other images of the side of the car show that the bottom lip of the OS sill is not in great shape, if thats the case, the underside wont be pretty.

ianbirch
13-09-2016, 10:51
Just look at image number 4, that sill looks rotton to me, it may just be a poor image but I dont think so.
The other images of the side of the car show that the bottom lip of the OS sill is not in great shape, if thats the case, the underside wont be pretty.

Bang on Phil...good spot, if it's showing any sign of external rust the inner areas will be poor.

i think the arches may have been done anyway as the stickers don't look right to me...just my opinion, could be wrong.

Cheers Ian

PhilW
13-09-2016, 11:58
Cheers Ian, unfortunately I now have a dubious gift where I seem to be able to find corrosion on even the nicest looking vehicle.
I know all the places to look now.

ianbirch
13-09-2016, 14:59
Cheers Ian, unfortunately I now have a dubious gift where I seem to be able to find corrosion on even the nicest looking vehicle.
I know all the places to look now.

How are you getting on with yours...don't think I've seen anything recently, always love your updates.:)

Cheers Ian

PhilW
13-09-2016, 20:11
I'm behind where I wanted to be Ian (should have been on the road now), but its well on the way. Just finishing off replacing all the brake pipes, then the all new front suspension will be going in. Rear axle is complete now and most of the interior is back in.
I have the re engineered short engine in an engine stand waiting for me to put it back together, so then the engine and gearbox can go in.
In essence, its 2 weeks worth of time away from being finished, but I'm trying to fit it in with family life, work and other projects.

TBH, I decided not to update the thread any further, as I find it takes ages to do each update (copying the correct images from photobucket) and nobody acknowledged the last update that I posted, so I thought why bother. I may update it at some time in the future, when I have more time.

Crossers
13-09-2016, 21:09
Phil, I have my brake pipe tools back now if you need them!

Paul

ianbirch
13-09-2016, 21:23
For some reason Phil Im showing as a forum user rather than a subscribed member so I can't see your thread anyway...:evil:

Cheers Ian

Ayli Carper
13-09-2016, 21:42
I'm behind where I wanted to be Ian (should have been on the road now), but its well on the way. Just finishing off replacing all the brake pipes, then the all new front suspension will be going in. Rear axle is complete now and most of the interior is back in.
I have the re engineered short engine in an engine stand waiting for me to put it back together, so then the engine and gearbox can go in.
In essence, its 2 weeks worth of time away from being finished, but I'm trying to fit it in with family life, work and other projects.

TBH, I decided not to update the thread any further, as I find it takes ages to do each update (copying the correct images from photobucket) and nobody acknowledged the last update that I posted, so I thought why bother. I may update it at some time in the future, when I have more time.

Northy did! Just read it now, don't know how I missed it. If doing the photobucket links takes ages, just put one in and tell us to go on photobucket instead.

We will understand, and we do appreciate it.

PhilW
13-09-2016, 21:57
Phil, I have my brake pipe tools back now if you need them!

Paul

Cheers Paul, but I have now made all my pipes up. I just need to link the engine bay pipes up to the rear pipes this weekend (2 bulkhead joins) and thats me done. I have to say that the brake pipes have been the biggest challenge so far for me. Trying to copy the original pipe flow, especially the rear section to and from the brake balance was a nightmare. I'm happy with the final result though.

However if they leak I'll have to set fire to the car 😉

A123
29-09-2016, 12:12
Registration of this car at nearly 11k is N273BYD ! Mileage may well be correct but it needs work !

Failed MOT in July 2015 and has never been retested, as already stated bodywork looks poor on sills drivers side.

ianbirch
29-09-2016, 13:16
Registration of this car at nearly 11k is N273BYD ! Mileage may well be correct but it needs work !

Failed MOT in July 2015 and has never been retested, as already stated bodywork looks poor on sills drivers side.

I take it you went and looked at this one but discounted it due to condition... it maybe still be worth a punt if you don't mind getting the bodywork done.

Perfect condition (as in no bodywork needed) low mile W3s are now going for 20 plus K.

As for W1 in the same condition there either aren't any or they just don't come up for sale.

Regards Ian

A123
29-09-2016, 15:49
For 11k it should be spot on....drive away and enjoy for a while

ianbirch
29-09-2016, 16:22
For 11k it should be spot on....drive away and enjoy for a while

You would hope so wouldn't you.... but as i was trying to say in my previous post if it had perfect bodywork on those miles it would probably go for more than the 11k
being asked....and sell.

Regards Ian

A123
29-09-2016, 16:34
Then I wouldn't be buying it, I'd be buying an E36 M3 Evo with under 100k miles in perfect condition

The classic car market has gone mad !

A123
29-09-2016, 21:23
Ian I am starting to think you might be right !

A123
30-09-2016, 12:44
But I also think you might be wrong ! :-)

Youre a lot nearer to Sussex than I am !

Only a muppet would buy that car IMO

ianbirch
30-09-2016, 17:09
But I also think you might be wrong ! :-)

Youre a lot nearer to Sussex than I am !

Only a muppet would buy that car IMO

Oh sorry I assumed you had been and looked at this one.... I'm not in the market to buy another Williams but was just interested that somebody may have looked at it.

Good luck with your viewings tomorrow.. beware of ones that may have been superficially repaired already.

Regards Ian

A123
30-09-2016, 17:23
Hi Ian,

I tried to get the garage to send me more photos of the car sills etc etc but they haven't

Its a bit far to go for me really as the garage isn't really bothered, they sell classic Porsche etc so that says it all.

The guy was snotty on the phone, sounded like he had a plum up his !

Maybe I was too direct with him.....

Danno
30-09-2016, 21:06
If I was looking at paying 11k for a williams, It wouldn't be on a 3 for sure.

A123
30-09-2016, 21:34
If it was mint on 46k miles warranted, Id be tempted...What have you got Danno ?

A123
30-09-2016, 21:58
If anyone that comes on here has a decent car I'll give em decent (not silly) money for it, just PM me

I'm looking for original cars that have been driven and used but are in good nick, not garage or show queens

They may have had bodywork or paint but have proof of a proper job.

A123
30-09-2016, 22:05
PS

Am I starting to sound like a desperate man ! Ive got Williamsitis ! Anyone got a cure ?

Fdl76
01-10-2016, 06:26
I am afraid not!!!! When you have the bug... it is too late... The Williams is for me the ultimate GTI of mid 80 s to mid 90 s... probably the first RS of renault...
I am really glad to have one in my garage.

A123
01-10-2016, 07:59
How does it compare to a mk2 golf gti 16v 3door if youve driven them ? I had an 89 small bumper for a couple of years I thought it was a great car although not really that quick by todays standards but lovely feel to the drive, mine was totally original apart from a mk3 gear shift weight...5th gear took a bit of getting used to...lovely engine noise...its up for sale again tempted to buy back but fancy a change and only have one garage which im hoping is going to be filled by a Williams. Should I hold out for a 1 or get what I can find now ? Can only see them getting rarer and dearer. Gonna see a 3 today its got an aftermarket steering wheel which is fine but sourcing an original looks tricky although could be an adventure..parts in general look fairly thin on the ground compared to the mk2...thoughts please

Fdl76
01-10-2016, 08:40
I wanted a one, but bought a 2, only does not have the gold number on dash, otherwise same car, same feel... I think the Williams is the pinnacle of light, balance, traction, if you can keep the revs up on twisty road then you will leave a lot of cars behind... it is a very predictable car to drive... As I said, take your time... the chase is after all part of the enjoyment...

ant_8u
03-05-2017, 00:31
N273BYD - Is currently advertised for £14,875, and it's a 5 minutes down the road from me
I'm tempted to go and have a look at what all the hype is about

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C859524

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/clio/1995-renault-clio-williams-3--just-46k-miles-and-outstanding-history/7116269

I missed the previous adverts. Is this the same person selling it, or have they bought it hoping to flip the car for a profit?

fresh
03-05-2017, 08:03
N273BYD - Is currently advertised for £14,875, and it's a 5 minutes down the road from me
I'm tempted to go and have a look at what all the hype is about

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C859524

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/renault/clio/1995-renault-clio-williams-3--just-46k-miles-and-outstanding-history/7116269

I missed the previous adverts. Is this the same person selling it, or have they bought it hoping to flip the car for a profit?

WOW

Nice motor

Timmy C
04-05-2017, 17:26
I don't think this is the same person selling. If it is the same car then its in a different location - before it was being sold at a garage in Billingshurst, Sussex. Now its a private sale in Warwickshire.

WestyWilliams
17-05-2017, 00:55
Hi all,

I viewed this car a few days ago and it's not the same owner. It was bought by a classic car garage and then by the current owners 6 months ago. They now need to free up some space.

The viewing did not go well - the owner damaged it getting it out and then ran it dry before I got there and despite refuelling it it wouldn't run properly so couldn't drive it.

Vandella
17-05-2017, 09:45
The viewing did not go well - the owner damaged it getting it out and then ran it dry before I got there and despite refuelling it it wouldn't run properly so couldn't drive it.

Whooops!! :lol:

ant_8u
22-05-2017, 15:43
What damage did they do to it?

WestyWilliams
23-05-2017, 20:01
The rear quarter panel was scuffed and dented - the rear light cluster was also cracked and the rear bumper dislodged - nothing too serious...