PDA

View Full Version : CLIO 1.8 16V WANTED - HYBRID F4R or VAG 20VT would be ideal :)

SilverValver
12-07-2016, 19:34
I am contemplating purchasing a MK1 again, having not had one for about ten years. if you have one which meets the below spec, even if you are not planning on selling at the moment, please do let me know as would be ready and waiting if the right car pops up.

My Shopping list:

1. BODY WORK - Minimal or no rust - I went to look at one at the weekend and the work needed was beyond me. I can mange rust if treatable without cutting out and welding but would rather buy something that has already been sorted as I can keep it garaged.

2. COLOUR - no preference

3. INTERIOR - Would prefer something stripped out and caged if done to a high standard and sympathetic to the cars style, otherwise a tidy standard interior.

4. DRIVETRAIN - my absolute preference would be a car running a 20VT conversion with sensible power, failing that an F4R OR F7R with WILLIAMS 'box. I have no issue with the F7P but would rather buy something which is a bit of a sleeper. Also I suspect parts availability and durability will be better with the newer engines. Would consider a car with faulty engine and gearbox on the basis I might do the conversion myself but bodywork would need to be good.

5. SUSPENSION AND BRAKES - would prefer upgrade but not really fussed as long as it is in good order. Sidetrack conversion definitely preferable.

I am not too fussed about mechanical originality, my love of these cars is more so for the style and go-kart experience. I like the idea of having the look and feel of the old car but with a more modern engine, brake and suspension set up and power to keep up with more modern rivals. I again therefore plea with those who own such a car to get in touch, even if it just to swap details in case you ever want to sell.

likewise if you know someone with such a car, please do ask them to take a look at my post and to get in touch.

regards

Adam.